• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forfieting M105 Today :(

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Well I had won a nice m105 at Eglin. The shipper failed 2 times and today is the last day. Anyone want it for free? Can send my signed invoice if you can make it to Eglin by 2pm. Bummer.

Yes I mislabled the title m109 due to my awesome smart phone skills.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had won a nice m105 at Eglin. The shipper failed 2 times and today is the last day. Anyone want it for free? Can send my signed invoice if you can make it to Eglin by 2pm. Bummer.
Have you called them (at Eglin) to get an extension? I would be shocked if they would not give you one since you have been trying to pick it up.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I got a 1 week extension already and the lady was less than pleased. I will call and ask again.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get an extension!

Use hndersonj's suggestion. There must be a nearby wrecker service that hauls off of the base.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting a same day pickup appointment and security clearance on Eglin might be tougher than getting a date with Shania Twain. We really need a dependable hook there. Perhaps when I retire I'll move to the area.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Spoke to a D. McCrea there. He said if I can sign and send the invoice with the new shippers details I can get extended until next Wednesday.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Looks good now, was ready to gift it to a SS member :) thanks all. I cant go get it as it is 9+ hrs away and i have work.

On a good note I can recommend the shipper who brought me the m1009, and derecommend the failed m105 shipper. We should have a forum to rate shippers.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good now, was ready to gift it to a SS member :) thanks all. I cant go get it as it is 9+ hrs away and i have work.

On a good note I can recommend the shipper who brought me the m1009, and derecommend the failed m105 shipper. We should have a forum to rate shippers.
That is a bit to drive.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Found a shipper on UShip with a great rating. Spoke to him beforehand to verify he could make the date, he even has experience with GL. Fingers crossed, thanks all. 300 and change to ship, trailer was just over 200, not bad.