• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

forgive me for i have sinned !

W7DMS

I bought a orange 12 kw generator (name withheld to protect me) from an state agency, for less then 1/3 of what a mep 803 would cost. If there was any in the PNW to buy. Powered by a 4 cly Mazda diesel @ 1800 rpm, with 541 hours. A new timing belt is on order, the oem belt looked good but! Will be used as back up for my mep 701/16b.

Lloyd

W7DMS

IMG_0113.jpg My first picture post look good on review, but who knows.

If any body has ever worked on this type generator I would like any info you have. It is Mazda R2, 2.2lt. industrial. which was never sold in U.S.
Generac corp. has no information on it. I know wrong site, so many different people with so much knowledge, I can hope.
still waiting on timing belt coming from the U.K.
green paint? thinking more like a wood land paint job!

Lloyd

Attachments

Bmxenbrett

I wouldnt expect generac to have any info on it. There more into box store chinese made stuff now.

I believe that engine was sold in fork lifts and other industrial equipment.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say you arent far off... looks like a slide out genset for an RV or similar (just bigger than the normal units).

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and good luck with the gen-set. Guyfang speaks from experience...................yet, not all have deep pockets(me included).......................get what we can afford, use it, and save for something better in the future. Your first pick looked like something out of a small car. LOL

Enjoy and hope it works WELL for you!

Zed254

I corrected my earlier post's attachment: you may have a generac industrial SD015/2.4L/15kW generator. Can't find diddly for it but they have a similar model...the RD01523 that has a lot of info here: https://www.generac.com/service-support/product-support-lookup/?categoryId=cd775767-1b3f-40b0-8e6b-8f7f5744b641

Pick one of the models and it opens to a bunch of documents. One is an Owner's Manual that I could not attach to this post....may be too large. This file under the first example of an RD015 is 0K3220 MNL OWNERS PD D2.3/D2.4/D3.4

Hmmm: that worked even better than attaching.

Attachments

W7DMS

Thanks to all.
Zed254 down loaded the manual; haven't read it yet, tonight I hope. My gen is a SD12 - 96A, built in1996 as a industrial unit.
The block is a 4 hole Ford/Mazda design built by the millions
around the world, but only as a gas auto engine in the U.S.
I haven't found which make or model fork lift used this engine.
member of SmokStak for years, good site for old things, and the odd goodies.
It didn't slide out very easy- 1 ton come-a-long + a beer or a couple.

Lloyd

Zed254

I love that transport unit: looks like the generator just about filled it up!!! And I think it's too clean a unit to paint. The thing looks brand new....surprised it's a '96. More surprised that Generac doesn't have the specific documents for it on their website. Post pics when you get it running!!

W7DMS

I had in my dodge van, and needed to pull it out on to a trailer to get at the timing belt.
It came an state agency via a auction, probability just bolted down for 20 years, auto- started
once a week to charge the battery, maybe even washed.
Still waiting on timing belt be shipped from amazon Uk ? will post first smoke and first
power out or maybe fire trucks pictures.

Guy what are doing in the hospital, bad place- no beer! maybe you should practice a little "E & E".

Lloyd

Guyfang

Staff member
Me, my bike and a car all tried to claim the same space on a road. We side swiped. I almost had enough room. Maybe 2-3 inches over more, and we would not have met. Happened last Sat. Operated Sun. Am waiting in bed as I write this, for another OP. To "adjust" a few things. Five bones broken in my foot. I did not drop the bike. One heck of a time getting it stopped, then found out my peg, gear shifter and a few other nick nacks were missing from the left side of the bike. And my foot did not feel well. I have been on the "to do" list, for OP since Monday, but lots of emergencys, so no go. I was supposed to go down to OP an hour ago. This is the first time in the hospital since I was born 64 years ago.

And yes, in a German hospital, there is beer!

Last edited:

dependable

..........And yes, in a German hospital, there is beer!
How civilized, I was in for surgery a few years ago, and they would not give me real coffee, but would give me caffeine free and a caffeine pill. They noted I was a regular beer drinker, I found out after I was out they had me on anti-anxiety meds during my stay.

Heres to your speedy recovery.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me, my bike and a car all tried to claim the same space on a road. We side swiped. I almost had enough room. Maybe 2-3 inches over more, and we would not have met. Happened last Sat. Operated Sun. Am waiting in bed as I write this, for another OP. To "adjust" a few things. Five bones broken in my foot. I did not drop the bike. One heck of a time getting it stopped, then found out my peg, gear shifter and a few other nick nacks were missing from the left side of the bike. And my foot did not feel well. I have been on the "to do" list, for OP since Monday, but lots of emergencys, so no go. I was supposed to go down to OP an hour ago. This is the first time in the hospital since I was born 64 years ago.

Guyfang,
WOW! You had a close encounter of the least desirable kind! Glad the damages to you are reasonably repairable. Foot injuries can have lingering impacts. We'll be praying for your successful surgery, and a full and complete restoration and recovery.

In our prayers,

John
SS Chaplain

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guyfang,
WOW! You had a close encounter of the least desirable kind! Glad the damages to you are reasonably repairable. Foot injuries can have lingering impacts. We'll be praying for your successful surgery, and a full and complete restoration and recovery.

In our prayers,

John
SS Chaplain
Let us all hope his surgeon read the TMs...

USAMilRet

I hope you have a speedy recovery after the op. From experience I know how much pain you are in, whether you feel it or not due to the pain killers. I never did like the injections into the belly and never got used to it.

I do hope you do not have to learn how to walk again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks