• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forgot to mention, the mods have gotten out of control

rottiedog

This all started with doing a mild lift to "almost" fit some 36 inch tires. Lift caused some vibes. This is where things went off course.

To fix the vibe, I know have Dana 60s with 4:10s, Flip in the back with lower hanger on the front of the rear springs. New Driveshafts and a slip yoke eliminator on the transfer case. Brakelines and 8 bolt rims.....

I am sure there is more but the thing seems a little more bulletproof now.

Going to some 38s soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Elwenil

With that angle on the rear axle you should actually have a double cardan joint at the transfer case rear output. To keep the U-joints in sync, they must have similar angles on each end. Otherwise there is nothing to cancel out the elliptical motion of the U-joints rotation. With a double cardan joint, the dual U-joints cancel each other out and self equalize and the shaft stays inline with the pinion so the lower U-joint doesn't have an angle on it except during extreme suspension travel.

K45

I think your u joint angle would not be so bad but you have the slip yoke eliminator and it pushes the driveshaft back some, so that may throw your angle off a little.

I will say I have the same thing on my 79 k5. 1 tons, shackle flip but I have a 350, 203 set up and not the 400,208. Looks like you are on your way. I like your soft top.

Croatan_Kid

I still have yet to see this thing in person! :roll:

Oh, and I seen somebody coming out the back gate this past Monday driving a lifted M1008, first I thought it was you, but I remembered you had a Blazer. It had stacks, looked like something around 38s, and 8-bolt beadlocks :grin:

rottiedog

I still have yet to see this thing in person! :roll:

Oh, and I seen somebody coming out the back gate this past Monday driving a lifted M1008, first I thought it was you, but I remembered you had a Blazer. It had stacks, looked like something around 38s, and 8-bolt beadlocks :grin:

Not me but I think I passed you the other day but I was in my old lincoln. I have been driving the Deuce about once a week to work. THat is fun but I am half deaf from those trips.

Haven't seen the m1008 with stacks.

K45

I am sure there is more but the thing seems a little more bulletproof now.

So much for bulletproof. Sorry for your problems, but I think your vibrations was a tell signal of what was going to happen, but who would have thought your axle would come apart. I hope you get everything figured out.