• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forgotten Heroes......

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What else is there?

No.2Diesel

RE: more....

Wow they've got quite the collection. Thats a very strange dozer, looks wheeled with a backhoe attached. Who is the maker Bart?

Ahh Nederland...that reminds me...its close to lunchtime here so I think I'll run to the deli for a nice tall boy of Koningshoeven :beer:

Bart

Re: RE: more....

No.2Diesel said:
Wow they've got quite the collection. Thats a very strange dozer, looks wheeled with a backhoe attached. Who is the maker Bart?

Ahh Nederland...that reminds me...its close to lunchtime here so I think I'll run to the deli for a nice tall boy of Koningshoeven :beer:
I have truly NO idea who made the wheeldozer/ backhoe.
I thought it was international or clark.
I made the pics about a year ago.
this guy has so many units it's UNBELIEVABLE, and when the price of Iron goes up he SCRAPS some of them......very very SAD...but true.

I thought Holland was only famous for it's HEINEKEN and Tulips and ...Amsterdam...
Hopefully you had a good time over here...
greets.
Bart

No.2Diesel

RE: Re: RE: more....

Nothing like a little buzz...Thanks for the aerial link Dan. That has to be the most well kept and organized yard ever.

----------------------------

Two Questions for the Dutch built buggers out there:

There are many small towns that have a German Tank in a square or round-about close to where they were immobilized during the war that act as a memorial. Is there any interest in getting these running or do they pretty much just sit there? Do museums take parts from these for their running tanks? Just curious. I picked a Military Vehicle International Magazine a couple of years ago which contained an article about the full restoration of a Jagdpanther to running condition. Very interesting.

How much is a deuce or 5ton at that place and how difficult would it be for you guys to get an American MV (Deuce or 5ton) on the road over there?