• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

form 6 questions

teletech

OK, so as I prepare my first form-6 (for a CVR(T) ) I've got some questions.

US munitions import list category. Looks like it's a 7 but is that all I need in that box?

Folks have suggested filling it out and then going shopping but there are boxes for things I don't have an answer to yet:
Unit cost, do I just guess or what?
Name and address of foreign shipper (I'm asking for quotes now).

If I am still unsure of what model I'm going to buy can I list several and just import one?
If I do just import one, can I import one of the others later during the 12-months?

thanks guys,
P_

B3.3T

Form 6 must be for a specific vehicle you have decided to buy. You can't do a blanket form. Serial number/VIN is required as well as source of purchase.

teletech

Err, no.
Or at least the form-6 I was just issued bears no serial number information. It does have some minimal seller info since I had already agreed to a buy with a fellow.
All that in just 5-weeks, which is about the time it takes to get a re-fi but not too bad considering what I had been told to expect.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it does not have to be for a specific vehicle. Mine was good for a year for multiple vehicles

datadawg

I am planning on importing a Daimler Ferret from UK. Trying to decipher the Form 6 process. I have not settled on particular vehicle, but a UK shop is searching for me and will overhaul it. Would they be considered the seller for Form 6 purposes or would it be the owner from whom the Ferret will be purchased? How do you list the gun, if I don't know which vehicle I am buying and Ferrets come with so many possibilities (different models and deactivated vs. replica, etc), so no way to anticipate what will be there? I have been told to file the form 6 way in advance, but it's like the old saw about the chicken and egg and what comes first. So do you identify the vehicle and gear to be purchased and then file Form 6 or vice versa?

B3.3T

I would wait on a specific vehicle especially since it is not going to be leaving right away. As for a machine gun, forget it entirely. You cannot import a deactivated gun or even the barrel. And a dummy is not worth the potential hazard, especially on a Ferret with an m1918 where there are tons of dummy ones already here. If you are going for a GPMG, there are good airsoft models available. Be sure you have a reputable seller. Not all are by a long short. Get references. But I've only imported 21 vehicles, so what do I know...

teletech

As you are not actually importing a live gun (unless you are a class 3 FFL) you don't have to list it, though as B3.3T mentioned even a deactivated MG is pretty much out as well. From the UK they have pretty much banned export of the smoke launchers as well. You will get some further details when your form-6 comes back. You can easily buy a 1919 or BREN (full, semi, or dummy depending on your budget) in the US.
You need to specify a vehicle (just listing "Daimler Ferret armored scout car" sould be fine). You need to specify a customs broker and shipper but I believe you can leave the seller space blank.
Expect about two months turnaround to get your form-6 returned and then some (mine took 3) weeks on the UK side for the EUU.
Buy as many spares as you can afford and then buy a few more.

good luck and have fun,
Pavl_

B3.3T

Bottom line is this: IF you attempt to bring in anything gun-related, and IF Customs inspects the shipment and finds it, you WILL get a visit from the ATF. Smoke dischargers are nothing but tubes and are easily replicated here. You can mess with having them demilled to ATF specs, but its far less risk of problems to just skip it. As Pavl suggests, buy absolutely as many spares as you can as the shipping is free on them in the same CONEX. Two spares for sure to have for a Ferret is an alternator/generator and starter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks