• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Form fitted rubber flooring for M1008 CUCV?

Jack Lope

The rubber flooring in my current truck is worn out and split and the insulation under parts are starting to come through. I've done a little internet searching and haven't been able to find a rubber, form fitted flooring for these trucks or even any automatic, 4x4, single cab Chevy truck. I'm hoping that maybe some of you have found alternate solutions or know where I can find this kind of part.

sloth646

This is who I used when bought mine for my M1008 (http://www.auto-interior.com/ ). I required some trimming and measuring to get the hole cut for the 4X4. I bought some of the thin aluminum insulation at home depot and covered the floor with that before I put the pad and liner in. Pieced it together with HVAC tape. Helps keep some of the heat out. Hope this helps.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

All three mentioned places are listed throughout the site but I used the LMC flooring in my M1009 and with minor trimming it turned out real good. It came with a small amount of fiber insulation for under your feet and front hump but not enough for the back floor board or cargo area. I ordered 5 extra yards of their padding/insulation and I also used the small rolls of foil wrapped HVAC duct wrap, from Lowes. I wanted thicker padding and it also helped with fit. It turned out great and it really helped with the sound.
Just don't rush it. Lay it in the sun, for a day, while working on the padding and install the rubber the next day, mark all of your seat holes in the padding and cut them out as you go. For the rubber I used a step drill bit for the rubber, after it was installed, as with the holes in the padding, being already cut out, you could easily feel where you needed to drill the rubber for the seat bolts). I let the rubber sit in the truck in the sun windows rolled up, for almost the entire day to get relaxed before trimming and cutting. Doing it outside in the sun will help. Good luck. A can of 3m spray adhesive for the padding and some shiny metal ductwork tape and you will be all set.

llong66

I have also used the LMC option for my M1008, as above, it took a little trimming and you will have to cut the hole for the 4x4. It comes with some fiber underlay. What Warthog said about laying it in the sun first is important for an easier install, overall, I am very happy with mine!

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just installed this in my 86 K30 dump. Other than the extra holes for the manual transmission and the pto its the same cab floor as the M1008/m1028/m1031. Came from Trimparts, Inc. Took about 6 hours to install but came out great.
Going to do the M1028a2 next with this in the spring.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks