• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Drum GL Chaos

dav5

Hi I would like to share my Fort Drum experience. I won a MEP803A last week. It was a 2009 with 3.7 hours on a 2011 Reset. It had the winterization kit which is what got me to bid more than I wanted to. It also had SPC ZAMORA printed on the top in very large block letters. It was a very nice unit. I called GL at Fort Drum and got no answer and no call back. I kept calling and finally was able to set up an appointment for Tuesday. I drove 5 hours and stayed in a hotel. I was there on time for the appointment. The GL rep Samantha didn't arrive until 9:45 for a 9:00 AM appointment. We went to the GL yard and she brought out a crapped out generator that had many hours on it. I said no way I want the one I won. Her response was "they are all the same' You are going to have to take this one. I said that wasn't going to happen. She said GL dumped 250 lots on her and she had no idea where anything was. I insisted on going with her to try to find the 803 with HUGE lettering on it. We drove around for 5 minutes or so and she told me she wasn't going any farther because she had to pay for her own gas. I replied through clenched teeth that I was driving 10 hours on my own gas. She said I could take a mobile 803 if I had a hitch on my truck. That was very attractive to me but I had no pintle hitch, lights or licence also I was pretty sure GL had lost the mobile gen contract to Govplanet so she had no authority to offer it to me. I finally decided to take the best one I could find a low hour 2006 with no winterization kit and some panel damage. I was so angry I couldn't properly evaluate it. I wrote the serial # and notes on the invoice and made her sign it. I suggested she write down the serial # and she declined. SO there is absolutely no inventory control. Upcoming auctions should be cancelled until this mess is sorted out. On my way home after my rage started to subside all I could think about was the poor guy that would show up to claim the generator I took. Maybe he drove more than 10 hours. If anyone is going to claim a 2006 803 with 15.1 hours on it at Fort Drum I'm sorry but it isn't there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We all know GL isn't the greatest, maybe you should send a copy of this post to GL directly. Maybe GP might like to know too. None of the units you saw on the lot had sale and/or lot numbers?!

I'd have made life h*ll till I got MY auction that I bid on!

Bmxenbrett

Same think happened to me. Drove 4.5hrs for a 44hr and 94 hr units. Tryed to pawn off a 500+ and 200+hr. I got there at 9:30 for a 10am appointment, didnt get out of there until 12:15 and it only took me 5min to strap them down. I think part of the issue is the government moves these things around like sand in the wind. Litteraly took the guy 2 hrs to load 2 junk ones on then take them off my trailer and load two different ones. Yes the sponsor dosnt awnser her phone much. I use to work for the government so expect some lackluster approach and people to move slow but WOW.

Bmxenbrett

Dav5 i can tell you that i didnt take or see any tan 803a. I was loaded at the nat guard base across from the gas alley gate on rt23. Nor did i see any parking areas where generators were that had gravel.
In the end it didnt really matter to me. It does suck that i spent so much time there but its to be expected i guess

dav5

We all know GL isn't the greatest, maybe you should send a copy of this post to GL directly. Maybe GP might like to know too. None of the units you saw on the lot had sale and/or lot numbers?!

They had no lot numbers at all just the GL sticker and she wasn't going by serial Numbers . I think she said she was using the DW # what ever that is. I have never experienced such a dysfunctional operation. I would love to send the post to GL but they won't even reply to my email and the phone guy said I had to contact management through info@govliquidation.com. The only reason I kept my cool is I'm a Canadian citizen and I am considered a foreign national. I wasn't going to cause a ruckus on a U.S. military base. The military personnel were great by the way. Not so the GL personel. Anyone have any other GL contact info?

dav5

I showed the photos to the guy in charge at the same yard and he said they weren't taken there. She refused to take me to the 3 or 4 other sites that they apparently might have been on.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorta of the same thing happened to me with a m105. Army drmo person would not authorize gl agent to release me the trailer that was already hooked up to my suv due to one digit error in the long yellow number graffitti on trailer. I refused a substitute crappy 30 year older m 105 and left with nothing. Got a refund month later and a few months down the road + a zillion emails and phone calls got a mileage reimbursement.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?106027-Anybody-filed-a-claim-with-GL

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Everything looks as it should. Auction listing, event, lot number, matching serial number written as same from pictures. That MEP-803A is good to go. There is no excuse for GL staff at Ft. Drum to not have the correct unit found for the buyer.

Mep-803A Tan with big black letters on the top SPC Zamora.

?? maybe you can have it shipped? since its still there...

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you I had a crappy experience with Samatha at Drum too. Before all of that though, I noticed something strange about the auctions of the particular event I won.... the same images were used over multiple auctions. I just got lucky that the one I bought was actually photographed. Everyone else though... god knows what they got.

You should raise **** with GL.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And furthermore, this is why everyone insists that you put a set of eyes on the unit you are bidding on, before bidding (not like thats a surefire way to make sure you still get that unit, with pros like Samantha at the helm).

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should call a freight company (Yellow trucking, etc) and schedule a pickup at Ft Drum and on the bill of lading, write all of the exact information to match your GL paperwork (this is what I did.. event ID, lot #, and serial of generator) so the driver can match upon receipt.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told you I had a crappy experience with Samatha at Drum too. Before all of that though, I noticed something strange about the auctions of the particular event I won.... the same images were used over multiple auctions. I just got lucky that the one I bought was actually photographed. Everyone else though... god knows what they got.

You should raise **** with GL.
You can raise **** with GL , but probably won't get far since you accepted a different unit . You should have refused it.

From GL terms and conditions ;

[h=5]12.Inspection of Assets[/h]
Inspection. Most Listings permit inspection prior to or during bidding or ordering. In some cases, inspection requires an advance appointment or viewing Assets at specified public viewing times. Most Assets offered for sale are used and may contain defects. Where a Listing permits inspection of the Assets, a buyer should inspect the Assets prior to bidding or ordering. A buyer who bids or orders without having inspected the Assets does so at the buyer's own risk.
Claims for Incorrect or Inaccurate Description When Inspection Is Prohibited. If a Listing expressly provides that no prior inspection of the Assets will be permitted, you must make a claim for any incorrect or inaccurate Listing description of the Assets prior to the removal of the Assets. You or your agents are responsible for unit count of the Assets and verification of Assets purchased at the time of removal. If the Assets are not acceptable for any reason, do not remove them.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have had dealings with Samantha several times when I pickup surplus for the county I work for. I have found her to be the type that will not go out of her way to help nor make any effort to "think outside of the box". As for complaining to GP about her offering rolling stock to a GL buyer, it probably wont help, She works for both organizations. The only time she really has to do anything resembling work is when they do have an auction event scheduled. And if you watch Ft Drums events lately they are few and far between. With a little effort and organization there is no reason for the cluster that dav5 ran into that day but personally I would have run up to the local parts store a bought a pintle hitch receiver and towed home the rolling stock when offered. Demount the gen-set and sell the trailer to recoup the travel expenses.

dav5

I would suspect it isn't there. If she pulled the same stunt with someone else before I got there I bet the buyer would do the same as I did and take the best unit they could find which would be the one I won.

dav5

I have had dealings with Samantha several times when I pickup surplus for the county I work for. I have found her to be the type that will not go out of her way to help nor make any effort to "think outside of the box". As for complaining to GP about her offering rolling stock to a GL buyer, it probably wont help, She works for both organizations. The only time she really has to do anything resembling work is when they do have an auction event scheduled. And if you watch Ft Drums events lately they are few and far between. With a little effort and organization there is no reason for the cluster that dav5 ran into that day but personally I would have run up to the local parts store a bought a pintle hitch receiver and towed home the rolling stock when offered. Demount the gen-set and sell the trailer to recoup the travel expenses.
The thing that stopped me from taking the trailer is that I had to export it to Canada 30 miles away and Govplanet lists the mobile units as non exportable even though they are Demil A and are legal. I didn't want a hassle at the border.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How nice is the one you got? Is it close (minus the winterization kit)? If so, I guess I'd let it drop. If the one you got is not as nice, I'd contact a lawyer to see what you can do. Unfortunately, if this is how GL operates at that site, your gen set is probably long gone. Good luck.

dav5

I value my time and spending another 10 hours drive time to come back was not going to happen. I decided to salvage what I could and chalk it up to bad experience. As for the GL conditions of sale as far as I'm concerned at Fort Drum the blanket disclaimer is just a cover their ass statement so they can carry on fraudulent activity. I was not the only one this happened to judging from the replies I'm getti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks