• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Gordon, Georgia Inspection

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not interested in buying a problem child.
As opposed to buying one of GL's problem children?:roll:

Even if you find someone to look at the truck they are not going to be allowed to do more than start the truck and maybe move it back and forth (no driving them around the yard).

If one comes up at Redstone I'll be glad to give it the once over for you but the bottom line is that with a GL auction ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

I see that you are in Indiana......you have to figure getting it back up there.....even if you recover it yourself and drive it home.

You also don't have to jump through GL's hoops as far as the EUC, SF-97 and working around their schedule to pick it up with a private sale.

You might be better off to find a fellow SS member in your area that has one for sale and then you can inspect, drive and check the vehicle out in person.

Since I buy a lot of trucks from GL I'm willing to take a chance once in a while and bid on one sight unseen. If I were only going to buy one truck I would go with a private seller.

I'm not inferring that you don't know what you're doing.....just giving you the benefit of my experience.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm at Fort Gordon. Shoot me a PM, I'll see what I can do. WM's words are wise. Perhaps you know already, but if you don't want to take a chance, Gl is not the place to buy.

Another FYI, the FGGA site manager won't let someone take a look at their truck after the auction is over unless you intend to pick it up. His words were "I don't have time to let you inspect a truck unless you've come to pick it up."

PROSTOCKTOM

I'm at Fort Gordon. Shoot me a PM, I'll see what I can do. WM's words are wise. Perhaps you know already, but if you don't want to take a chance, Gl is not the place to buy.

Another FYI, the FGGA site manager won't let someone take a look at their truck after the auction is over unless you intend to pick it up. His words were "I don't have time to let you inspect a truck unless you've come to pick it up."
Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm well aware of what you might get from GL.

I go up to Indianapolis and look at the junk from time to time.

I'm not opposed to a private sell if I could find a fair price on one, but I like the adventure and the story you can tell with GL purchases.

I just purchased a M105A2 in Indy that had a brand new bed installed on it.
Had I not went up and looked the items over I would have never found a new bed on a trailer for $464.50 just 60 miles from my house.

Recovery is not an issue to me I owned a trucking company for 20 years, so getting anything across the country is no problem.

I know that the ads GL runs are very very vague at best.
Therefore I would never bid on any large ticket items with out viewing it or having someone else at least comfirm it was all there.

PM sent Sigo

Thanks Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks