• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Knox Recovery 8/11/2010

jsriolo

I am going to recover my first M35A2 on Wednesday 8/11/2010 at Fort Knox, KY. I will be driving it to Cincinnati, OH.

If any of you are on the way, and wouldn't mind being a safe haven should I run into trouble, then please PM me with your phone numbers. I am driving down with a buddy but have not yet been able to secure a tow if it comes to that - Please let me know if you could get me off base should the need arise!!

Thanks for all of the help! However, I went over most things with gimpyrobb today so hopefully I won't get into any trouble!

davidkroberts

man im sorry, i was just up at knox a week or so ago i could have done a look-over for ya. Did the two guys working the yard help out. They were nothing but helpful for me.

Congrats on the successful recovery thats a nice looking truck.

JCKnife

Wish I had seen this earlier, you went right by me twice today! But glad you made it home OK. Truck looks great. How about a more detailed AAR?

jsriolo

Thank you for all of the replies! Before Wednesday I had never driven a deuce but I think I like it! The only thing that really surprised me was exactly how difficult it is without power steering. I may have to consider that upgrade but it will definitely be after changing all fluids, filters, belts, touch up paint, ect. Probably in line after troop seats, bows, cover, and bigger tires too. Might even put a muffler on it. Not even going to consider bobbing.

This has been nothing but good so far. Gimpyrobb showed me around his before my recovery and the guys at Ft Knox were really helpful. I stopped at a gas station before getting on the highway and I had no less than 5 people asking about it (you'd think they would see more of them being so close to the base).

Today work was really long and I bet tomorrow is going to be even tougher. I'll write up a more detailed report after I work on it this weekend. I might even take it off road a little :driver:

JCKnife

I thought that too after my first drive home (about the power steering) but anymore I hardly notice it.

JCKnife

That's funny I haven't even tried putting mine in low range yet. Or engaged the front wheels, for that matter. Scared I'll break something, I guess.

Hey, back to the OP: what kind of highway speeds were you getting up to on I-71?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks