• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Lewis Inspection this friday 8-8-08?

wsucougarx

Hello, I'm heading to Fort Lewis to check out the lot up for auction. Out of the 10 trucks I have my eye on 4 or 5. My biggest thing or lack thereof is I have no idea what I am looking for in a truck. Besides checking fluids I'm really not sure what else I need to do. Is anyone going to Fort Lewis this friday morning? Let me know :D Email is probably the best way to let me know

Mike H
wsucougarx@hotmail.com

wsucougarx

No one? I guess I'll be going solo. Any recommendations of what to look for? I plan on looking for obvious problems like rust, tire conditions, fluids, water in oil, wet or leaking transfer case/engine/tranny/differentials. Any idea of how I can find out the overhaul date? Is it listed somewhere on the truck? What else should I be looking for?

wsucougarx

Actually I found someone to go with me. Funny how we forget the obvious. Got a friend who drove the deuce for 4 years in the Marines and 4 years in the Army..... :D I think he may know a thing or two about the trucks

cleb

Did you end up winning a truck? Are you near Pullman? I'm over in Moscow during the school year, and will probably have my M35 over there.

wsucougarx

I did win a truck:) "Now what?" my wife asks. I answer with a very concerned "Hmm not sure" and I'm thinking who cares isn't it great :D I graduated from WSU in '99 and live just 60 miles from Ft Lewis down in Grays Harbor. Ah yes only 60 miles....I can get in a lot of trouble w/Gov't Liq. Luckily I don't own acreage so for now just 1 truck ought to do it. I read your write up on your last truck. Did you have any problems w/any parts disappearing off your deuce? So far I have been pretty happy w/the GL staff at FT Lewis. I'm waiting for that EUC to go through, it's also my first so I guess its the waiting game. I had my EUC, Export Letter and drivers license e-mailed in 2 hrs after the end of the auction. I guess I'm a bit eager to pick her up. Did you sell your truck already? The one with the bunny thing on it?

kurtkds

Good job on winning the truck..

I live only 10 miles from Ft. Lewis So it will be a short drive home for me. The wife is starting to warm up to the idea of a Deuce in the driveway. LOL

I figure that I can put 2 or 3 more on the property with out getting too crowded.

And yes, I'm already looking for another one. Dang Green disease strikes again.