• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Lewis, WA Winnings Security

Brandon314159

Hey all,

I was just wondering, for my MEP-006A that is taking its sweet time with paperwork processing at Battle Creek, should I expect my personally inspected complete unit to be now missing parts?

I have read that at some bases units that stick around for awhile start turning into parts units. I paid a decent chunk of change for the set with the knowledge that it was exceptionally low hours (visually and by gauge) and was 100% complete.

I'm hoping that Ft. Lewis doesn't let the vultures pick over the good units to fill the holes in their crappy $400 gen-set's that are missing everything but the engine and the head.

We will see. If the unit is missing anything substantial, I will have to cancel the auction. Don't know if it matters to them that I went and previewed it (and have photos of it)...but I want what I paid for :)

...waiting patiently :-D

flyusn99

I think it just depends on the base. My M35A2 out of Frankfort, Ky had a whole boat-load of stuf bogarted off of it. They took the troop cover, a couple bows, the front shackles, and they even had the balls to steal one fo the LED brake lights off the rear of the truck. Oh well, still a good deal. Good luck at Ft Lewis. Hopefully, you'll be fine.

ABN173

The FT Lewis GL office makes some attempt to safeguard items. Of course they can't stop everything but they do scrutinize screeners. I went in one day (in uniform) after I won my M1008 just thinking I would start the truck for charging purposes and they turned me away.....I was kinda ticked off about it but they did say they had theft in the past and they are cracking down on unnessary visitors. Now if I had lied and said I was screening another current auction they would let me roam unattended.

I think you can feel somewhat secure about your item, but there is only so much they can do with limited staff and a large yard.

Last edited:

Brandon314159

Good news...unit was in-tact and untouched! Even still had the little bakelite/plastic wrench in there for tightening down the AC output lugs.

I did a quick inspection before signing for it...and 4 hours later had it running and generating power.

Ft. Lewis DRMO was looking pretty clean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks