• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Polk, La to Cleveland,TX

Jmamc711

Is anybody making a trip through the area I am new to big trucks and having trouble getting it moved. I am unsure on driving due to bad brakes auction said rear brakes didnt work. Have no issue with somebody being creative to save on cost tow baring or so on. Trying to keep this a cheap truck. Thank you fr all your time. The truck is a M923A1 5 Ton Cargo Truck and the truck does run.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easley's Wrecker from Lufkin will do a great job moving it for you with a Landoll trailer. They know all about transporting military trucks. Probably run you a grand. Otherwise, you can do repairs outside the DRMO gate if you feel lucky.

Jmamc711

I am thinking about fixing but I had two people that said they would haul it for $600 its only 150 miles loaded but then fort polk said their loading dock was blocked and couldnt be used and the guys I found dont have ramps so thats a bust so I started making calls and now the price jumped from $600 to $1200-1500. So for $600 its worth shipping for 1200-1500 its worth paper plates insurance and parts.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI: There are no places to buy HD truck parts in Leesville. The loading dock at DRMO is dock height.

agazza2

I found a guy with a semi that will pick it up for $850 should I run with it or keep hunting? Looking for thoughts
$850 is a good deal, as I ran that trip once with a 18 wheeler and empty trailer one way and it was $300 in Diesel Fuel round trip. Plus you figure the drivers time, loading, unloading, and if he needs any permits. Plus if you were to go and get it, and break down, the tow bill will probably be that much. Wish I had time to take off work, I would give you a hand recovering it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks