• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Sill M1009s

blacktop_one

Those were some of the nicest looking ones I've seen in a long time (at least the exteriors were nice) and it looked like they all had new tires. Even the non-starting trucks got way up there. It's a shame I couldn't get in on that bunch. Maybe next time.

91W350

I was watching and drooling, moving down the lines of the ones I had preselected. It was just wishful thinking.... they passed my allotted budget in a big hurry. Some of those looked like they had been stored inside! I hope they are as good as they looked. Glen

PaulbusMax

I tried and lost. I am still getting my feet wet with this, and my hopeful budget was passed. I tried. I hope more come along, but these were close to me. Sigh.

wilsonmotors

ya i got one from ft. sill today i spent like 3300 and got a m105a2 trailer from ft. hood to go with it i am new here and this will b my second cucv i hope the one i got runs as good as it looks it was one of the highest priced ones that went today and cant wait to pick it up.

coyotegray

ya i got one from ft. sill today i spent like 3300 and got a m105a2 trailer from ft. hood to go with it i am new here and this will b my second cucv i hope the one i got runs as good as it looks it was one of the highest priced ones that went today and cant wait to pick it up.
You might want to reconsider the 105 for the CUCV and look at getting a 101. The 105's are really too heavy/tall for a M1009 and require air brakes..

Andy..

wilsonmotors

whell i am [putting 36in super swamers and a 6in lift kit on the m1009 and it will get a set of axels from a m1008 later and a np205 xfer case i wanted the taller trailer with a bigger bed to sit level with the 1009 with the tires and lift kit i have seen a few on the net pulling 105a2 trailers and i have a 54 chevy 2ton that im putting a duce bed on fugired i could pullit with both trucks and if it wont work ill put it up for sale in the add section

edgebar

scored 3 at ft sill

ok, new to site.
i ended up with 3 of the m1009's at ft sill. i got the white one and 2 camo. what is up with the white?
yea, yea, might have paid a little too much, but blazers sell very well around here for hunding, plowing etc...anyway, can't put a price on fun.

i did not pay the 4k for one that was bid up. someone really wanted that one?!

the white had 19k miles, but i could do without the white.
well, maybe tint the windows, black wheels, could be pleasing.
i look forward to learning more about these rigs from you guys.

i was in air force in 80's when they were getting the m1009, just loved them, always said i would buy one...now the adventure begins

davidkroberts

welcome edge,

i bought once from GL in ft sill once. Its a good site with easy to deal with people. i think nancy was the one i worked with. They arent going to let you do any work on it in the yard so bring something to pull them outside the gate if you are going to do anything with them.

Ive owned three of the m1009's if you have any questions PM me or just post it on the forum. there are allot more knowledgeable people here than i am but ill do what i can.

Dave

edgebar

well, thank you davidkroberts. really only wanted 2. but did not quite have the hang of the bidding process and layout of GL. so ended up with 3.
2.5m35. i have no pics, but i am paying 120$ each plowing for someone to plow my business lot. years ago i had a regular k5, had a plow and it worked great, except the front springs could not take the weight, but the m1009 3/4 ton rating might help, so i am going to start plowing on my own again.
and overall, i just think these trucks are just plain cool. i have a 30 YO and 16YO son, so i might just keep all 3 and we will each have one.
i have been taking my new trucks hunting and logging road exploring for years and am tired of the beating they take out there, m1009 should be great out there.
i almost bid on the 1994 m35's in sparta as well, they looked brand new! but i now absolutely nothing about them. looks like most had less than 8k miles and went for less than 6k. anyway, i look forward to working with this forum

edgebar

interior trim

i see many of you have replaced the inside door panels, seat covers, seat belts etc.
where are you sourcing them?
interior paint, what paint is the best to redo the inside?
thanks for any help