• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forum Searches

cjd

Before I start re-asking a lot of questions, can someone explain a way to limit the search to just the HMMWV forum? When I search it brings up all forums.

The questions I am looking for, in case anyone reads this are:

1) What tire pressure are you guys running on the military Goodyears on an 1123? The fenders are stamped with 50 psi, but that seams really high...like for when the armor was installed.

2) The truck is getting harder to start. It runs great, but just has to crank and belch for a while cranking, especially when cold. My understanding is that is probably a glow plug problem?

springer1981

Before I start re-asking a lot of questions, can someone explain a way to limit the search to just the HMMWV forum? When I search it brings up all forums.

1) What tire pressure are you guys running on the military Goodyears on an 1123? The fenders are stamped with 50 psi, but that seams really high...like for when the armor was installed.

2) The truck is getting harder to start. It runs great, but just has to crank and belch for a while cranking, especially when cold. My understanding is that is probably a glow plug problem?
Search here sucks but this is what you do...

search.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also due to how databases work in general, it might be hard to find three letter acronyms. IE: STE or ICE. In that case, I recommend using the google search bar on the homepage. But add in HMMWV which will also loop in the HMMWV forum.

diesel_dave

What kind of temperatures are you experiencing right now? If its much less than 60-70, you are going to start noticing effects of the a faulty glow plug system. Does your wait to start light light up for more than a brief flash? Have you tested any glow plugs with a multimeter yet? I have about 50% dead so I will be replacing them this weekend. My truck starts after about 3 seconds of cranking on a cold (30-40) morning and starts instantly when the engine is hot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks