• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found 1953 m35 cheap should I buy?

Spinney Bent

Hi All, I just found a 1953 m35 gasser that needs only a clutch in my neck of the woods. I am a fabricator/mechanic/car biulder and in my opinion this rig is in pretty damn good condition needing some minor body work and some tires. I think I can score this thing for around $1000 or so. This is a score am I right? I just wanted to ask the pros before I do anything. All input welcome. Thanks for your help.

Ben

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Look at it this way....a quality hooker would cost twice as much and wouldn't last nearly as long.
Buy the old girl and give her a good home...chit you can sell the axles for more than a grand.
With the mods you can do and the knowlege available on this site you can't go wrong.

Last edited:

woodywood

Private
if you dont want her let me know and i will get captain to pick her up in his travels. if you wait a month i will pick her up in my travels cause the 5 ton will be rollin in 2 weeks
:twisted::twisted::twisted:

wdbtchr

Wrong kind of hooker. Back before I got my 5 tons I was looking for a gas duece and couldn't find one. That's actually why I got the 5 tons. Buy her!

wiggall

Where is Sagle, Id:?: I live in Lenore, Id. I would offer $500.00. You can go up from there. How complete is it:?: Need a bed, or other things:?:

Michael

Am I the only one one who thinks pass? $1000 is a little steep.

It depends on if the original poster really wants a gasser or not. A gasser is too rare to buy just for the axles. If all it really needs is a clutch, it might be worth it but I don't think it is a big bargain. If it needs a bunch of other stuff it is too high.

cbvet

A lot of guys on here thought I was goofy for paying $3000 for mine, but the body is excellent. tires very good, cab & cargo seats are nice.
A big plus for a guy like me with limited time, was that it was only 20 miles away.
If it's reasonably close to home, I'd buy it.

waayfast

Yeah!-- where is Sagle? I live 100 north of Boise and have a '57 Utica-Bend Gasser.It was to be the beginings of a Bob project but After I got it home I felt it was way too rare and too good shape to change. (See avitar) I may be interested in selling--hate to but maybe it,s time to let it go and move on to another project.

wiggall

Yeah!-- where is Sagle? I live 100 north of Boise and have a '57 Utica-Bend Gasser.It was to be the beginings of a Bob project but After I got it home I felt it was way too rare and too good shape to change. (See avitar) I may be interested in selling--hate to but maybe it,s time to let it go and move on to another project.
I found it on a map it is up by Sandpoint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks