• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a 880 for sale

waayfast

Yeah,seems like everytime I try to get buyers and sellers together, things come un-done and I get caught in the middle, but what the hey, I'll try this again-----

Okay, I found a 1976 4x4 880 for sale in a town about 25 miles away.Going to a basketball game so we didn't have much time(any) to really talk to the guy or even hear it run.Looks complete,pintle hitch was there,little bitty lites above headlites were there,unit markings were still there but hard to read,data plate in lower center of dash was there and comes complete with bullet holes in left rear bed side.
I think I remember 122,000 on the clock,no serious rust issues,seat OK,dash OK, and no I did not get pics. You don't need no pics!! Just think ugly 34yr old truck and you pretty much got it:lol:.Needs some (lots) of body work
and repainted.Did I mention it REALLY needs painted!?
He said it runs good and that he did have the tailgate(was not on the truck).
The cardboard sign in the window said 900$ but he told ME (maybe not YOU)he'd take 800$

We are headed that direction tommorrow so if anyone(srodocker:cool:) is interested, we can stop by and get more info and a contact number(yeah, ok, OK!! pics too:lol:)

The standard disclaimer applies here--"not mine ,no affiliation or relation whatsoever to the current owner,just passing the info on to those here on the site for their entertainment blah, blah blah, etc.,etc.,

("No good deed goes unpunished--------------------")

( I actually gave serious thought to buying this myself but the GF reminded me that we already have waay to many projects and that while "WE" could probly afford the truck "I" would not be able to afford prosthetic reproductive organs-------!!)
Post on here or PM away, Jim

Last edited:

srodocker

dang it...thanks for posting but going to have to past as xmas and gf's bday are 4 days apart then im getting my 46's next month for the deuceaua

lacoda56

Again, how come everything's always on the wrong end of the country? I really could use another M880 to keep the other two company, and to keep the wife's bloodpressure up where it belongs!rofl

waayfast

dang it...thanks for posting but going to have to past as xmas and gf's bday are 4 days apart then im getting my 46's next month for the deuceaua

LOL!! I thought of you since you are closer than most and I remember a thread a while back where you said you'd like to have an 880.
HHHMMM??--GF Birthday and Christmas within 4 days??!! I would think you could kill two birds( three actually) with one stone-------8)

Jim

waayfast

Again, how come everything's always on the wrong end of the country? I really could use another M880 to keep the other two company, and to keep the wife's bloodpressure up where it belongs!rofl

Oh, Man! Talk about on the wrong end of the country! I may as well be on MARS!! You guys back East have 10 to 1 of everything back there compared to where I'm sitting LOL!:razz:---trucks,armor,parts good deals etc.

(Roger on that blood pressure thing:razz:)

Jim

goodguyzy

Oh, Man! Talk about on the wrong end of the country! I may as well be on MARS!! You guys back East have 10 to 1 of everything back there compared to where I'm sitting LOL!:razz:---trucks,armor,parts good deals etc.

(Roger on that blood pressure thing:razz:)

Jim
i feel your pain

waayfast

UPDATE:--Well, crapola!! We did end up traveling down to Boise Christmas day --stopped on the way and took some pics but the owner was not home.Thought we would stop on the way back thru but ended up pretty late so we went on home.

Finally ended up going to another B-Ball game last nite.Owner was home this time--but told me he has made a deal with his Dad.The owner needed more seats for his wife and kids so they traded the 880 for his Dad's Blazer.

Oh, well- the one that got away!!

Since the truck will still be in my area I'll keep watching to see if it comes up for sale again.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks