• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a couple Jerry Cans at a local flea market today......

stugpanzer

The guy wanted $12 each for them so I offered $20 for both and he accepted. I am going to clean them up a bit and fill with water to see if there are leaks. I suspect the one dated 1952 has a leak since its a bit oily on the bottom. If no leaks then I will finish cleaning, paint and then use them on my MEP-803a trailer.

20180527_201651.jpg20180527_201702.jpg20180527_201710.jpg

csheath

I think I have one in my shed but it's burried. I saw the spout on a shelf the other day.

Bmxenbrett

They make gas tank leak coat/stopper stuff that works prety good. So even if they leak its not a total loss.

dmetalmiki

I have some 'spouts' I purchased at an event, The seller said "they fit any can, U.S. or British".
I was was sceptical..But guess what?. They sure as heck do.

jagrdawger

Spouts...huh...spouts? must be a civilian term for something on a fuel can. Never heard them called anything but the 5th appendage of a hybrid equine in 22 years of active duty...LOL :deadhorse:

Bmxenbrett

Not sure on brand. A friend used it on a 3 wheeler fuel tank that had many pin holes. Little bondo and paint and the thing looked show room clean. But these tanks without holes/rust are close to $300

Chainbreaker

If you do decide to use Red-Kote just make sure those Jerry Cans never held diesel. Here is Red-Kote warning:

"Diesel Fuel Tanks - A brand new tank intended for
use with diesel may be lined prior to use. A tank that
has had diesel fuel in it will need to be sand blasted
prior to using Red-Kote. Diesel fuel leaves a paraffin
coating inside the tank that Red-Kote will not stick to.
There is no known cleaning method to remove this
paraffin coating other than sand blasting. If you choose
to line a diesel tank you do so at your own risk."

View attachment Red-Kote.pdf

USAMilRet

Spouts...huh...spouts? must be a civilian term for something on a fuel can. Never heard them called anything but the 5th appendage of a hybrid equine in 22 years of active duty...LOL :deadhorse:
IIRC, when I was in the military they were called "Donkey Dicks". Never heard them called anything else than that, even when doing a change of command inventory. They were made of flexible metal tubes and you could never find one when you needed it.

We did find a stash in the WAC Shack at one time.... :)