• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a M221 Tractor in Yuma, thinking of a rescue

Gunfreak25

Been a loooooooooong time since being down this far on the forum. About 6 years ago I remember seeing a M221 in a farmers field out here in the baron desert that is Yuma/Tacna. I recently drove past the same field about 6 months ago and for some reason I find that poor little tractor calling me. If I recall, It was complete and in generally very good condition.

Thinking of taking a little 45 min drive to see who owns it and just what they might take for it. Trouble is I have zero need for a tractor and even less of a need for more tonnage in my front yard. Just hate to see something to special just sit..unloved......she's gonna kill me....

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Been a loooooooooong time since being down this far on the forum. About 6 years ago I remember seeing a M221 in a farmers field out here in the baron desert that is Yuma/Tacna. I recently drove past the same field about 6 months ago and for some reason I find that poor little tractor calling me. If I recall, It was complete and in generally very good condition.

Thinking of taking a little 45 min drive to see who owns it and just what they might take for it. Trouble is I have zero need for a tractor and even less of a need for more tonnage in my front yard. Just hate to see something to special just sit..unloved......she's gonna kill me....
You NEED it. It is lonely sitting out there in a field...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And there’s a really nice 50ish GMC truck I have seen sitting for several years. No rust or damage. I want them all…..maybe I should start a YouTube channel for these rescues and become a career Youtuber. 🤔
Now there you go... You can attach a pump and have your very own fire truck to go along with your tanker trailer and tractor. Make it a portable pump and you could have a BIG "truckter trailer" Fire Truck and a small one too. The plot thickens.

You definitely can't break up the family!
Gotta go talk to this guy... You neeeeeed those new toys!

Gunfreak25

I was thinking the whole tanker/tractor combo could be a remake of the Duel truck movie! Or a mad max fury road rig….

Itll have to wait, received a notice at work mandating vaccination for all employees by Nov 15th. And the sheeple continue to drink the kool aid. So I’ll be on the hunt for a better job soon.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was thinking the whole tanker/tractor combo could be a remake of the Duel truck movie! Or a mad max fury road rig….

Itll have to wait, received a notice at work mandating vaccination for all employees by Nov 15th. And the sheeple continue to drink the kool aid. So I’ll be on the hunt for a better job soon.
Sooo much BS. Any company with under a hundred employees are exempt.
It seems that we can't fix stupid though.

Crf450x

You should present your workplace with all the data you have that shows vaccine bad.

Gunfreak25

I just don’t like seeing it sit there neglected! So if you think you could give her a good home I’ll gladly share the info. Would love to help with you getting it home any way I can.

I work on the reservation which is sovereign land and they can do whatever they please unfortunately. We’ve talked about moving away from this border town for years. It’s a wonderful place to be from, not raise kids or make a livin.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That little truck would look just like this....just a bit shorter. If you singled out the rears it would be lighter. If it ran, you could beat any other big truck off the line and all the way up to 30mph. Without the box they are fast trucks so you'd be wearing a smile while saving a Steel Soldier. Can a guy whip one of those 'fund your dream' projects where folks toss money towards a project they don't have time to do themselves?

popsandgoose.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks