• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a M62

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have ran across this old M62 wrecker that's not too far from me. The guy that owns it is selling whatever parts I want to pull. I have already pulled some parts off it and what's left is going to end up on a slow boat to China. I thought I'd post this up because if you see something you can't live without, I may can get down there and pull some more parts before it gets scraped.

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ran when parked? That'll buff right out.

When I see a derelict truck like that I always wonder how it got that bad. Someone didnt value the machine they had. Run 'er into the ground and throw it away when it's too nasty to fix. **** shame. For a business I suppose it's all about the cost of repair versus life left, and I guess this guy was no longer economical. Seems it could've been retired a bit sooner and sold for more than scrap. Hopefully it had a long and useful service life.

KsM715

Are there wrecker spades in there somewhere? and the sockets on the front or rear of the truck? If so get them. I will buy them from you.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on going back out there and get a few things before it gets scraped. I can grab the tensioner, lights and other parts.

Fuzzy, the I've already sold the cluster. It's the one you and I have already talked about.

Jeff, the spade sockets are already spoken for if they are still there ( I didn't look the last time I was there).

I don't know why the pics won't open other than the way I posted them. What happened was I took the pics and sent them to Gimpy. Then after a few days I decided to post them in the thread. I looked on my camera and they weren't there (don't know what happened there) and I didn't save them to the computer. So the only pics I had were the ones I sent to Gimpy. I went to the PM I sent to Gimpy, saved them to my computer, and then posted them in this thread. Evidently, you can't open them after you do that. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers so there may be another way. I can still go to my PM I sent Gimpy and open them so there may be another way to move them if anybody knows how.

Josh

Would the PTO off that truck work on a 809? If so Id nab the PTO. (I dont need it, but Id suspect that PTO would be worth it to keep).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If it were cheap enough, it would be worth it just for parts ( the A/W parts are very hard to come by)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy that's got the truck only sees pounds (he's a scraper). You could get the whole truck for current scrap price if anybody wants it. By my math (at current prices) that would be around $3K :shock:. That's way too much as a whole but he's willing to deal with parts. Another down side is he's always afraid he's going to get sued. Because of that he's real picky about who he lets pull parts. He'll let me pull parts and may let somebody with me as long as I'm there.

joeM62

I know another guy like the one your talking about m16ty he is the same way real picky. This wrecker in Rockwood Tenn. bubba_got_you I was hoping on seeing about truck but work is slowing down again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks