• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a spring hanging from parking brake?!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was under the HMMWV today working on the shifter assembly. While I was there I noticed there was just a random spring hanging from the parking brake handle area!

Anyone know what this is and where it goes?

IMG_4503.jpeg

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found what I think is the spring in the parts volume, Figure 154, part #9.

SPRING, HELICAL, EXTE. serial 44825 and above (which mine is).

What I don't see though is where it actually goes. (I guess I'll crawl back out there and attempt to figure it out.)

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is amazing how much of a racket it makes with that broken spring.

Just watch out for the HMMWV tax! When I replaced mine a year ago, the best price I could find was a little over a $1 each, but $25 shipping! So I ordered a few. Or wait till you need a few things and make a large order - if you can tolorate the noise.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is amazing how much of a racket it makes with that broken spring.

Just watch out for the HMMWV tax! When I replaced mine a year ago, the best price I could find was a little over a $1 each, but $25 shipping! So I ordered a few. Or wait till you need a few things and make a large order - if you can tolorate the noise.
Yup, I have a stack of receipts, probably spent as much on parts and repairs as I did the HMMWV at this point.

I JUST ordered a bunch of parts on Wednesday as well. So this is going into the pile for "next order". Whenever that will be.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Yup, I have a stack of receipts, probably spent as much on parts and repairs as I did the HMMWV at this point.

I JUST ordered a bunch of parts on Wednesday as well. So this is going into the pile for "next order". Whenever that will be.
"Yup, I have a stack of receipts, probably spent as much on parts and repairs as I did the HMMWV at this point."

No truer words spoken or printed about HMMWV's.

Finally the truth comes out, Judge Judy. Now to a commercial, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks