• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found boarding ladders for $35

Status
Not open for further replies.

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

cranetruck said:
surpdlr said:
I don’t know shipping till I pack the package, and I don’t do that till I have a firm order (too many people back out after finding out that the shipping (something I have NO control over) is higher than they want to pay). Mean while I have spent my time to pack an order for the shipping quote. This is time that could be spent sending orders out to serious customers instead of spending it on tire kickers....

The shipping rates change up and down almost weekly as the shipping companies adjust the fuel surcharge....
FedEx may take the ladder with nothing but a label, they delivered an exhaust system to me for a deuce a few years ago with the label only right on the pipe. I have also shipped a medium towbar that way.
Just call in the weight and size and get a quote. Few people will pay for an item without knowing the delivery charge. Just my 2 cents.
They may take the ladder bare, but there is also normaly an extra charge for unboxed or wood crated items. They feel the other freight may be damgaged.
Also with out a box if they manage to bend a tread on the ladder, they will deny the damgae claim as the item was not protected in a package.

mangus580

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $

Allright guys, I am locking this thread. It should have never really been started in the first place, as its an ad for something for sale! It has now turned into a heavy discussion about one of our advertising websites, and further more conversation that should probably be private between a seller and buyer at this point.

<snip>

BTW, in the instance of this ladder... maybe you can package 1 up, to use as a base for shipping charges? That way as multiple people want a quote, you have something to work from? Its very hard to sell something if you cant tell the buyer what its gonna cost them, regardless of your control or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks