• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found m35a1 what am I in for

scooter01922

Certainly not raggin on ya, it runs and thats a BIG first step. Had to disassemble then reassemble then disassemble and finally just replace the injection pump on mine as it had been sitting a long time much like yours. They sound a bit different and IMO better than the ldt 465's, the side pipe certainly doesn't hurt either :)

R0E0D

can some one tell me what axle oil and what engine oil trany and transfer case oil you guys use. just thinking some one know something cheap and better got a LTD 427 and sprag transfer case for the 427 i was thinking i will use the mobil delvac synthetic same as the big trucks i drive.

TexAndy

So if you don't have time to capitolize and use sentences , what makes you think any body has time to read your post 6 times to try and understand it . Then take more time to answer your question .
You should probably take extra care to use correct spelling when you're criticizing someone else's grammar.

A capitol is a place where government meets. Capitals are upper-case letters. Or possibly types of warships depending on how many world wars you lived through. Capital might also be used to refer to wealth applied toward growing more wealth.

SturmTyger380

I can answer. ROEOD is on the road road a lot driving a tractor trailer for a living so not much done other than what we did to the brakes and axle seals.
The truck is sitting at my place. We are trying to get the turn signals to work and having a time dealing with the old wiring.

Alan

R0E0D

The Restoration Has stalled out right now. due to the lack of funding and time. it is mechanically very sound only major problems is the Rot of time on the wiring and fuel Lines.

R0E0D

ok so i am doing some work to keep it running drive it a bit so it will not rot. i am now getting air in the fuel lines now. it comes down the return line at least i think it is the return. so far i have replaced the secondary fuel filter's (primary fuel filter on order) in in hopes to stop this air problem. i will post a video of the fuel and air in the lines in hopes some one has seen this before. and knows what it is where to start to save what small amount of time i can give to this old girl.

WARNING MAY BE LOUD TAKE OFF HEADPHONES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgemQaNpX6Y&list=UUokjE666v4-vKuGntZCrcDw

Last edited:

turnkey

Looks to be a keeper ...Nice work on the old girl....like the brake test video..thanks for the up date on the never ending work project....I have the same problems like you have...not enough money or time is seems...Best of luck on your find...

R0E0D

yea that brake test one was a hoot i got nerves tested on that curve. and me wanting to float the gears that will not float like a 10 speed. that is why in all video's you hear me revving the engine. trying to mach engine and transmission rpms i'm used to a unsynchronized transmission you are the synchroniser. she is trying to tell me to use the clutch stupid.

SturmTyger380

Yeah but we changed all the fuel filters and it had more power. Next up is to change the oil.

The batteries crapped out early I thought. Anyone have problems with the solorgizer over charging batteries?

DavidWymore

I have an A1 too that is all messed with and messed up, stuff missing etc. and your pics helped me figure some stuff out. It would be nice if you deleted all the duplicates and blurry shots though! ;-)

I'd like to see the data plates, mine are gone. If you're feeling real ambitious, I think stb64 wants to return his exhaust to stock and needs measurements.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
" found m35a1 what am I in for" ???

Felling small next to a 5t and like a wheel chock next to a HET.