• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found major issue…trans

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM states 6, and shows what looks like all on the same side and stacked together between the spring and shift plate.
TM -34 on p. 3-17 reads:
(3) Place the interlock plate into position and
install the springs and plate spring washers. Plate
spring washers are installed between the springs and
the shifter shaft cover.

That would be all 3 stacked together on one end. But since I don't like how the spring is resting directly against the shift plate, I have always put one of those three in between spring and plate. And that is also how I found many of these transmissions, rebuilt by the military.
Regarding the gap, that's normal. You want spring action to start once you move out of NEUTRAL, towards the 1st/REV rail. Not sooner.

DaneGer21

Yeah, for what it matters, the top covers are identical for both models.

So, yours wasn't really stuck, or...?
Nope, I think like you said the spring and detents felt like it was binding. I took it all apart. None of the shafts seemed bent when rolled on a table, everything was there and no abnormal wear.

I think I was just overly concerned after the trans failure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks