• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found my deuce

THEJEEPMAN

1970 M35A2 C Turbo hard top $3000 pick it up this week end Wish me luck on the recovery got my buddy CHUCK-10 is taking me and helping with get a few things put on and PM it got about 120 Mile round trip not to bad but truck has been setting for 6 months. I will let every one know how things go. Hopefully links for pics work for some reason I cant upload photos from my phone
http://db.tt/RkJs7NqE

http://db.tt/2FZLfR9l

Chuck -10's a2 w/w c Turbo( new install ) ausome

http://db.tt/uBB71Q0j

DeucesWild11

Best of luck with the recovery, I am sure you already know.. Check the fuel filters.. drain a little check for water.. I took about 2-3 cups of water out of my filters.. wish I had known before my recovery.. Also stop often and check for hot wheel hubs.. sign of draggin brakes.. Plan your stops just incase the brakes give out.. there are inherent brake issues with these trucks.. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.. post pics when you get her back.. welcome to the club!:beer:

Last edited:

plym49

Congratulations and best wishes for a safe recovery. (Gee, that sounds like a Hallmark moment.)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
To upload images to the forum from a phone, you need to download the tapatalk app.

THEJEEPMAN

Made it home

Got it home No problems 55 miles No white knuckle moments. Like to give thanks to CHUCK-10 for the help with the recovery. Changed all springs but e brake before the journey.it took a hour and a half. leaned it up a few.lbs looking forward to good times only problem is turn signals are inop and brake pedal don't start to work well until it's about a 1/4 of the way down looks like I have some tm's to find. Check my profile for a pic thanks for all the good wishes.

sandcobra164

Glad if was a successful trip. Your brake issue is likely a lack of proper brake maintenance. There are adjusters on the backside of each drum. The top ones are for major adjustments, the bottoms are the fine tune adjustments. Secure the axle up in the air on a jack stand (both sides), spin the wheel and adjust away. Your best advice is in the TM's and searching around on here. Once you adjust the brakes out, you're pedal will start to work a little sooner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks