• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found one! - M51A2 - insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

akexc

Well, I found one, and close to me.

1961 M51A2. Now I have to figure out how to get it to the inspection station. Not sure how comfortable I am driving it very far yet.

Talking to a State Farm representative, they tell me this has to be on a commercial policy. Anyone have experience with State Farm?

Don't know what that means yet, and it was obvious they didn't know either.

I figure I just need some liability insurance. Usage will only be personal, not for hire.

Here's a link to some pics.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/stewartjwnls/M51A2/

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My duece with State Farm is around 70 a year. License it as an antique you will save alot.

chvss65

I have State Farm for everything I own, including my bobbed Deuce (insured as collectors vehicle)
About 2 years ago I was running my own tandem dump truck, they would not insure anything with double axles, my local agent wrote the policy but State Farm Corporate canceled it when they found out it was tandem, they may have changed their policy on trucks, just my past experience.

TBigLug

I don't know about deuce's but I have State Farm and had my utility truck insured under a commercial policy. Wasn't any more than a car with PLPD.

DOCUSN1

Yhea go the gulfway or jctaylor best route will save you some money. If your State Farm Agent puts that truck under a normal policy ouch I may wrong but I just looked at a commercial policy for renting a ryder tractor and we all thought diesel fuel was expensive whew good luck. Mark

LanceRobson

I use J C Taylor.

I mailed my next year's premium for a 1966 M35A2C yesterday. $85 for 300K liability, 100K personal injury, 6K comprehensive and collision and all the NY required BS.

They will insure it if it's 19 years or older, not in commercial use yadda, yadda yadda....

Good find and good luck.

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.