• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found some cool pictures - M944A1 SEORTM

HDN

I was looking at truck stuff the other day and found some cool pictures of a M944A1 SEORTM (machine shop truck, Shop Equipment, Organizational Maintenance, Truck/Trailer-Mounted). I've never seen one of these with the doors open, and had no idea they even had deployable tent canopies. I'd love to have one!

1633457607720.png 1633457637182.png 1633457664146.png 1633457689640.png 1633457714811.png 1633457755227.png 1633457774716.png 1633457801130.png 1633457823255.png

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at truck stuff the other day and found some cool pictures of a M944A1 SEORTM (machine shop truck, Shop Equipment, Organizational Maintenance, Truck/Trailer-Mounted). I've never seen one of these with the doors open, and had no idea they even had deployable tent canopies. I'd love to have one!

View attachment 847168 View attachment 847169 View attachment 847170 View attachment 847171 View attachment 847172 View attachment 847173 View attachment 847174 View attachment 847175 View attachment 847176
Thats badass i must be hungry cause the first thing i thought when i saw the batwing doors was makeing a food truck or a roach coach go around big plants saleing food at breaktime or lunch ! Here in nashville we have a place called mission bbq and they have a 5 ton at all their restraunts is pretty cool ! That was what a mechanic truck or something else originally? Anyway looks great !

HDN

That was what a mechanic truck or something else originally? Anyway looks great !
According to Olive Drab, the machine shop trucks had machining equipment like lathes, drill presses, milling machines, valve turning machines, sometimes air compressors and welding equipment. They all came with a PTO-driven 35 kW 3-phase generator, so you could run some pretty beefy electrical equipment. I'd get one to tow and power my 3-phase air raid siren! Make it even more modern by bolting a 3D printer table to the floor :cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 847168 View attachment 847169 View attachment 847170 View attachment 847171 View attachment 847172 View attachment 847173 View attachment 847174 View attachment 847175 View attachment 847176
Seems like that would be an incredibly neat vehicle to have...
A place to work "in the dry" and a place for parts and tools.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to Olive Drab, the machine shop trucks had machining equipment like lathes, drill presses, milling machines, valve turning machines, sometimes air compressors and welding equipment. They all came with a PTO-driven 35 kW 3-phase generator, so you could run some pretty beefy electrical equipment. I'd get one to tow and power my 3-phase air raid siren! Make it even more modern by bolting a 3D printer table to the floor :cool:
lol you turn that air raid horn on you will be doin steelsoldiers behind steel bars ! cool truck

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck was called, "The Bat Mobile" by the troops. It had everything a man could want in it.
Almost anything a man could want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think them young troops got as exited as us old men about a mobil machine shop i never herd of anyone useing their 2 day pass to hang out in the tool truck !!! lmao

Guyfang

Staff member
Almost anything a man could want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think them young troops got as exited as us old men about a mobil machine shop i never herd of anyone useing their 2 day pass to hang out in the tool truck !!! lmao
A very good friend of mine who was sadly assigned to a Combat Engineer unit, swore that the Bat Mobile was THE BEST place to spend a 4 week REFORGER field problem. Warm, lights, Java maker and nuke to zap his meals. And room. Room to stretch out.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was one of these trucks in Celina, TN, just a couple of years ago. A truck parked near it was on Gov Deals. Does anyone know what happened to the SEORTM?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to pass on one at the Tulsa Municipal auction a several of years ago, it had a blown engine and went for nothing! That was before I had my tractor or 936. I still regret it!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAITAMINNIT.... THIS IS A REAL THING?!?!?!? WHY AM I ONLY FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS NOW?!?!?!?!.!

So.... if a fella were of a mind to... aquire... one of these..... would anyone happen to know where to start?

Asking for a friend...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAITAMINNIT.... THIS IS A REAL THING?!?!?!? WHY AM I ONLY FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS NOW?!?!?!?!.!

So.... if a fella were of a mind to... aquire... one of these..... would anyone happen to know where to start?

Asking for a friend...
If you are in deed looking I will ask my friend but about his but lets figure it is not cheap. Last time I saw his all the equipment was there and in good shape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks