• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found something unexpected in my LMTV today

AZK9

Yup... they just love eating wires and... seat foam too!

As soon as you get rid of them... their relatives will move right in!

98G found something in his garage that could solve your problem!! Have you seen that thread?! ;)

FloridaAKM

I found one of those in my truck several days ago, it was on the transmission hump in a pile of fur & bones. Its wire eating days are long gone.

I hate mice as they have gotten into two trucks of mine & wreaked havoc on the wiring & hoses. Moving them to another location in the yard stopped the problem!

Duce

Sigh. I need to get a shop cat.
I could hook you up with that. �� We have several extras. As soon as we fix one it disappears( coyote food) or ends up dead I. The road. The ones we don't fix live and breed for years��

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My LMTV had a resident mouse when I got it. It lived in the space between the floor and subfloor of the cab.

I have a shop cat. She brings in the mice as toys! Had to leave the hoods open on the Unimogs to keep them out.

aleigh

Well on the other hand now we know the bins double as traps. Could just leave some cheese and peanut butter in there.

One was smart enough to get out on his own but the other two I ended up having to corral in a box. I let them go out in the yard, maybe they'll tell the others that trucks are bad.

P.S. I had not had a problem before, but a passenger I had got crumbs everywhere. aua

aleigh

haha no. The bin was empty when they crawled in there. I put in a box and a chock hoping they would climb out.

Funny enough though this one time I opened a box I got - 3day ups - and in there is an entire other ups envelope. I look up the tracking number and it has been missing for 3 weeks. I opened the envelope, I don't remember if on accident or on purpose honestly, and it's the manual for a brain scanning MRI thing. My package was boxed just a couple of days prior. I did call UPS and give it back to them.

You want to think warehouse mix up right but no, the origins were in entirely different states. So somehow at some point UPS opened my box and somehow this missing package fell in it. And my box was packed by the retailer, not further back in the supply chain (I had several items in it).

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is why I make sure there is continually a block or two of the Tom Cat baits under the seat of every truck and car in storage or even trucks being used.

f8617

I thought a couple barns cats would help w/ rats & mice...until a couple urine supertankers disguised as tom cats started hanging around...they're worse than the rats & rattlesnakes....everything is becoming rusted or booby-trapped.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-should have terminated them w/ extreme prejudice. They will back in that truck before you, then the chewing starts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks