• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this in oil, what is it?

davesgmc

Changed oil in the newly purchased m35a2 this afternoon. Who knows last time it was changed. At least 8 years ago, or way longer. Oil level was about half gallon or more too high. For the past 8 years it's not seen much road travel. The front seal started leaking like crazy on its first long run up. Probably because it's thinned out, over filled, and dried out seals. So I changed it. Added three bottles of blue devil main seal leak fixed, and 5.5 gallons of fuel along with new oil filters.

But,,,,when draining the oil, in front sump after drain plug was pulled, this was in the well of the drain plug. It's rubber-ish. Part if a seal? Or? Any ideas where something this small came from? 20200606_164045.jpg

Flyingvan911

That’s odd. Maybe it got dropped in the engine when someone was working on the truck? Is it cracked like it could have slid out of its proper spot? Any pics of the new deuce?

Dipstick

I wonder if it could be silicone gasket maker? Maybe the previous owner heavily coated the drain plug with it and some of it squeezed ahead of the threads during installation and cured.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't think of anything inside the confinements of the block that uses an O-ring like this. Perhaps from the canister oil filters? Honestly, I would not worry too much about it. I lean towards something that soldier B dropped and it ended up in the oil pan.

V8srfun

I would be more concerned with the fact that it is over full on oil. Keep a eye on the level and don’t be afraid to smell the oil when you pull the dipstick. It is possible you are getting fuel in to your oil somewhere.

davesgmc

I would be more concerned with the fact that it is over full on oil. Keep a eye on the level and don’t be afraid to smell the oil when you pull the dipstick. It is possible you are getting fuel in to your oil somewhere.
The past 8 years this thing has done nothing but run and idle, don't doubt it just wet stacked and pushed past rings. I'm keeping a close eye on it and so far hasn't gone up in level since change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks