• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this one for sale

hmburner

I have been after this truck for about ten years now. When i talked to the old guy ten years ago he said he would sell it for ten grand.....a little too rich for my blood. I stopped today on the way home and it turns out the father in law has died a few years back and son in law who now runs the business will sell it for five grand. He tells me it has a hercules gasser in it and needs only batteries to drive away.They bought it at a Canadian Army base in London Ontario CANADA to use the rear portion as a heavy wrecker,but could never find a truck heavy enough to haul the crane. It is and ex tank rescue unit with all the hardware belonging to it and weighs in at 42,000 lbs. He said he had all the paperwork for it that they had to go through to get it off the base,so US customs should not have a problem with the truck crossing the border. I just bought myself a 1956 M135,so i have my own green iron money pit. This truck is located just outside of Dunnville Ontario about 45 minutes from Niagara Falls. The owner is a certified deisel mechanic so i can get it certified or act as a go between if any of you are interested

Bill 905 834 3027

Attachments

hmburner

If it had a front winch,it was buried under snow. I tried the hood ,but there is too much snow and ice to open it. I can go back for more pics after things thaw out. The guy that owns it is real interested in my Detroit 353 engine swap into my duece

M1075

That could be a really sweet buy for $5000, especially if the "hardware" you are referring to is the standard basic issue items and equipment!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I first thought is was an 816 but the hood shape looks like the M39 series hood and he did say it was a gas burner. The only gas burner I know of with the Garwood bed is the M543.

redass73

the only 543's ive seen had the winch mounted at the back of the boom. but he said it was a gasser.. it is canadian, hard tellin ..lol. you are prolly right thou

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the M62s had the hoist mounted at then end of the boom. Those were made as gassers but some have been depot repowered. There was a small number of gas M543s produced before the M543A1 and M543A2s came out. The 543, 816 and 936 had Garwood beds and the M62 has the Austin Western beds

hmburner

I know this is and old thread,but I stopped in to see what happened to the wrecker since it is no longer sitting in its usual place. Turns out the owner got tired of scrappers trying to buy it and let it go to a farmer for 1500. So that is as they say,the end of the story