• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

four plug flat brake light connector to military connector

sweet trav

I thought I saw a connector plug setup that has a four prong flat plug and military plug which I could use to connect my brake light setup to the m105a2. Anyone know where that post is and how much one of those plugs costs or where to get one?

Thanks,
T

8tpa@att.net

converting from hugh military plug to a civilian four blade plug

I just took the militRY 9 pin plug off of a MKT 90 and replaced to a 4 blade flat pin hookup. the white is a gtound which need to be grounded to the trailer frame, you are left with a brown which comes through the light swich and the four lines should be connected to this wire. and then the other two are your turn signal and stop lights. wire the single large bulb to the correct left or right turn signal. the wires on my trailer are coded by metal codes attached to the wires ar all connection points.
i spent almost a full day tracing the wires. my mkt90 works like a charm.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just took the militRY 9 pin plug off of a MKT 90 and replaced to a 4 blade flat pin hookup. the white is a gtound which need to be grounded to the trailer frame, you are left with a brown which comes through the light swich and the four lines should be connected to this wire. and then the other two are your turn signal and stop lights. wire the single large bulb to the correct left or right turn signal. the wires on my trailer are coded by metal codes attached to the wires ar all connection points.
i spent almost a full day tracing the wires. my mkt90 works like a charm.
I like your method , but if he won't spend 10 minutes to search , I doubt he would spend all day tracing wires .

sweet trav

I like your method , but if he won't spend 10 minutes to search , I doubt he would spend all day tracing wires .

Yikes! you're an angry little poster aren't you...you've been after me on a couple threads.

btw-I did search and I was looking through a variety of ways that people have gone about dealing with the brake light wiring...this conversion was one that I thought would be the quickest easiest way and was wondering if anyone else had done it (if it was common, etc) or where they might have went through to purchase a connector.

Thanks for your concern though!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yikes! you're an angry little poster aren't you...you've been after me on a couple threads.

btw-I did search and I was looking through a variety of ways that people have gone about dealing with the brake light wiring...this conversion was one that I thought would be the quickest easiest way and was wondering if anyone else had done it (if it was common, etc) or where they might have went through to purchase a connector.

Thanks for your concern though!
No not angry at all , although I don't belive in sugar coating things or worry
about being politicially correct . And no I'm not after you but if you look at the times of DrGregs post it took him less than 2 minutes to find the link to the classifieds . In regards to the other thread , no I don't feel you are special and should get a free pass on breaking the rules on the classifieds . There are thousands of other members here that can't post in the classifieds and don't break the rules or complain about it on a daily basis ,like some members have . If i had not copy and pasted the the quote from the notices section at the top of the page , another member would have or a moderator would have . The rules have been put in place to keep this the best MV site on the web which it is . So have nice day and enjoy the site.

sweet trav

I agree that this is a great site in that it has neat mv and helpful tips and info...it's the militant hall monitor stuff that is always irksome on any forums. Newbies are newbies and will ask more questions than forum lifers, that's always the case and different forums have different rules to get use to. having said that, I'm done with this nonsense...I've got to work on my m105a2!:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks