• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame cutting

JasonS

Use a torch. Cutting off the end of the frame is a non-issue as long as you don't do something stupid and throw water on it to cool it.

TM9-1819B states the following: " Use electric arc welding when reinforcing damaged members. Do not weld on fillets of frame, or edges of frame members as this will development of new cracks."

Last edited:

Mark2X2

Frame cutting
What is the best way to cut the frame when bobbing the Deuce. Since it is tempered I am a little worried about using the torch. Thanks.

Shannon Deese
StrongerSaferSmarter

Shannon,

I'm going to use my Milwaukee metal cutting circular saw with carbide teeth.
You can cut a piece steel off and grab it bare handed.

Power Tools - Circular Saws - 8 in. Metal Cutting Saw

For all you Guys that have a port-a-band, this will really make it a useful tool.

VERTICAL BANDSAW SAW STAND FOR MILWAUKEE & OTHER BRANDS - eBay (item 290306923747 end time Aug-28-09 10:42:17 PDT)

For cutting small parts, notching a pc of steel or what ever. i use mine all the time. You can still use the saw off the bench, just unscrew the clamp. Use it with the stand attached or removes with a couple screws.

Mark
M35A2 Deuce
M105A2 Trailer
M101A1 Trailer
3) Rokons