• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame length from back of cab on M932?

Drcracer

Frame length from back of cab on M923?

Can anyone tell me the length of the frame from the back of the cab on a M923A2? Thanks

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want 923 or 932? Title says one, text says the other! :)

Back of cab to the end of the frame rail on an M932 is 141"

Cheers

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
180-1/2" back of cab to rear of frame rails, 161-1/2" back of spare tire rack to rear of frame rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be very easy to put a gooseneck ball in at around 44 or 52" high to the top of the ball, or lower with some extra fabrication, right at the rear of the truck, and still handle your trailer weight fine.

Drcracer

It would be very easy to put a gooseneck ball in at around 44 or 52" high to the top of the ball, or lower with some extra fabrication, right at the rear of the truck, and still handle your trailer weight fine.
Thanks for the information! Basically I want to throw a Polaris 11' buggy in the back of the truck and still be able to pull the 5th wheel camper. Hoping if I remove the spare tire carrier, move the bed forward, and shorten it to the 11'....I will have enough clearance to still make turns. I'm beginning to think I just need to find a M927.

Csm Davis

Just take your sides and tailgate off and cut a hatch in the rear floor and place hitch inside the hole, you may need to add a lift kit on your trailer but that's easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He hasn't posted any height dimensions yet, but I'm under the impression that this would put him over height?
I wonder if your onto something though and he is just trying to keep the trailer level? I have the perfect tires if he can lift the trailer...IMG_3563.jpg

Drcracer

Just take your sides and tailgate off and cut a hatch in the rear floor and place hitch inside the hole, you may need to add a lift kit on your trailer but that's easy.

I would, but axle flips on trailers add almost 5 in. to the trailer height which will put me over 14'. I could risk it, but not worth it.

Drcracer

Yeah, I'm trying to keep the trailer level as it sits at 13'5". I've seen the butte lake trucks and that's what I'm looking to do. Just have to find a fifth wheel hitch that I can mount inside the frame with some modification.

Csm Davis

Then I would recommend a gooseneck ball and conversion on trailer. But instead of putting it under the floor make a heavy duty trailer hitch and tow it like a bumper pull, that way you don't have to cut up a perfectly good truck.