• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

frame mounted spare tire carrier

Does anyone know how the spare tire carrier in the attached image is installed?
I contacted Rico and they said that this frame mounted tire carrier kit is no longer available aftermarket.

Has anyone ever seen or have any illustrations of how it's secured?spare tire swing out.jpg

Action

You can see the installation instructions on their site.
I used to print off the directions and ship them with the tire carriers I sent out. Just install the bumper and be done with it.
It looks like you need the body mount bracket made for this.

You can see the installation instructions on their site.
I used to print off the directions and ship them with the tire carriers I sent out. Just install the bumper and be done with it.
It looks like you need the body mount bracket made for this.
The only instructions I found where for the " Non-Bumper Mounting Kit" which actually uses a short piece of rectangle tube like that which the bumper is made out of.
http://www.rhinolift.com/pdfs/500-003 Install.pdf
it ends up covering the end of the frame rail.
That is not what I am asking about.

If you look closely at the picture above, the end of the frame rail is not covered, and the body mount brackets are not the same as ones used for the " Non-Bumper Mounting Kit".

Where can I find the instructions you are referring to?

Last edited:

Action

As far as I know, they only had two mounting options. One with bumper, one without. My guess is that the one in the pic was an early version and ended up not being strong enough, so that brace was extended to allow two more bolts on the inside of the frame rail.