• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame number M1009

CUCVM1009

Hi.

I´m searching for the GM-frame number of my 83/84 M1009.
I need this for the restauration process!
The following chart is a screenshot from my ´83 shop manual

Frames.jpg

Thanks!!! :grin:

Greetz from Germany!

Sebastian!

Last edited:

CUCVM1009

Hi and thank you for your search!

I mean the "model number" on the left side of the chart!

Is it the K105?

I need this for building a holder for the bodyshell in my rotisserie.

Hasdrubal

Looking at those numbers and comparing it to a Mitchell/KLM Automotive Frame Measuring Book. It doesn't seem to quite match any. Looking at column P on your chart, the KLM numbers are 48 1/8". Column R, the KLM numbers are 84 3/8". Here's a smaller picture, you can compare the measurements yourself.

Attachments

cucvrus

Hi.

I´m searching for the GM-frame number of my 83/84 M1009.
I need this for the restauration process!
The following chart is a screenshot from my ´83 shop manual

View attachment 627020

Thanks!!! :grin:

Greetz from Germany!

Sebastian!
The measurements you have look about the same as everything i looked at. Is there something special you need measured? I have 2 M1009 frames sitting around. If you need anything let me know. I can measure for you. Also have several of the brackets and cross members for the frames. Good Luck.

CUCVM1009

Hi!

This forum is awesome! :hammer:

Cool research!

I need the difference of the hight from the cabmountbrackets.

The plan is, to use a mainbar of squaretube and slip four cabmountbars on it. (variable). So I can take off the body, pull out the chassis and put the body directly on the rotisserie.
I have not so many place to work in my garage. (6m x 9m) All is strictly organiced to make that project! :mrgreen:

@cucvrus:

I´ll confirm your offer! :D

@ all others:

:goodjob:

There are a lot of useful links! Great! Thanks!

I´ve took al lot of pictures by now! A photostory follows, when the baby is nearly ready. It takes a lot of time!
In a couple of weeks, our first child will be born! :jumpin: I think, the M1009 sits a litle bit longer on his place...

But sometimes, I will escape into my "men cave", I believe!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks