• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame number M1009

CUCVM1009

Hi.

I´m searching for the GM-frame number of my 83/84 M1009.
I need this for the restauration process!
The following chart is a screenshot from my ´83 shop manual

Frames.jpg

Thanks!!! :grin:

Greetz from Germany!

Sebastian!

Last edited:

CUCVM1009

Hi and thank you for your search!

I mean the "model number" on the left side of the chart!

Is it the K105?

I need this for building a holder for the bodyshell in my rotisserie.

Hasdrubal

Looking at those numbers and comparing it to a Mitchell/KLM Automotive Frame Measuring Book. It doesn't seem to quite match any. Looking at column P on your chart, the KLM numbers are 48 1/8". Column R, the KLM numbers are 84 3/8". Here's a smaller picture, you can compare the measurements yourself.

Attachments

cucvrus

Hi.

I´m searching for the GM-frame number of my 83/84 M1009.
I need this for the restauration process!
The following chart is a screenshot from my ´83 shop manual

View attachment 627020

Thanks!!! :grin:

Greetz from Germany!

Sebastian!
The measurements you have look about the same as everything i looked at. Is there something special you need measured? I have 2 M1009 frames sitting around. If you need anything let me know. I can measure for you. Also have several of the brackets and cross members for the frames. Good Luck.

CUCVM1009

Hi!

This forum is awesome! :hammer:

Cool research!

I need the difference of the hight from the cabmountbrackets.

The plan is, to use a mainbar of squaretube and slip four cabmountbars on it. (variable). So I can take off the body, pull out the chassis and put the body directly on the rotisserie.
I have not so many place to work in my garage. (6m x 9m) All is strictly organiced to make that project! :mrgreen:

@cucvrus:

I´ll confirm your offer! :D

@ all others:

:goodjob:

There are a lot of useful links! Great! Thanks!

I´ve took al lot of pictures by now! A photostory follows, when the baby is nearly ready. It takes a lot of time!
In a couple of weeks, our first child will be born! :jumpin: I think, the M1009 sits a litle bit longer on his place...

But sometimes, I will escape into my "men cave", I believe!