• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame rails on a M915a1

Bighurt

Anybody know the spread on a M915's frame rails. I'm trying to see if a used B&W turn-over ball will drop in between the frame rails with some custom mounts.

I can't measure mine at the moment, I'm away from the truck.

Thanks
Jeremy

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
99% of all trucks on the road are 34". Everything from 1 ton up to class 8 trucks. You'll run across a oddball from time to time but 34" is the norm.

LanceRobson

There are some thick triangular gussets running from the side rails to the rear rail over the pintle that may be in the way. I'm looking at putting a flip goose neck ball on my M915A1 and will likely have to weld a plate between the gussets of be prepared for some fabricating.

Lance

Bighurt

Or you could get one of these.
I want to use the B&W turn over ball like I have on the Ford. Then i can use any of the assecories I already have.

After I add a reciever hitch to the rear similar to that posted earlier this week (civi hitch on a M915).

I'll be able to haul any one of my 6 current trailers with the M915a1.

I'm all about versitility while still maintain practicality.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks