• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frank8003 - RIP

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I had heard that a fellow SS member had passed away a few weeks back from @royalflush55 and I forgot to follow up on this until I saw a posting about members from Florida.

I met frank once at his home in Ft. Lauderdale a few years back. He was a really nice man, had a really laid back attitude. I could tell from the being hammered on Bud Light at 10am on a Wednesday. Retired life must be nice. Frank was always selling his little caches of tools for cheap.

I don't know any of the details of his death. I just figured I would pass this along for the community.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@frank8003 was a very special man in a lot of ways. He cared about people and enjoyed living. He had acquired an unending amount of knowledge in his lifetime and was willing to share it.

Like @Mullaney and @juanprado said he would always add extra goodies or a surprise in every flat rate box. He also did the same thing in person. @98G is correct that he was selling his stuff because he wanted everything in order when his time come.

Frank's jokes will be missed for sure on here! I believe when he said I need a joke it was his way of staying positive and not getting depressed.

Frank was a real friend in the short time that I knew him. I only wish that I had known him a lot longer!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry to hear of Frank's passing. Thank you, @simp5782 for sharing the info. I noticed the "Joke of the day" has been sort of quiet for some time.

I didn't get to meet Frank, but I could tell from his posts that he was a good soul. When he mentioned his frog buddy, Melvin, he always seemed surprised and happy to find him again.

Rest in peace, sir. You will be missed.

m715mike

I too bought some tools from Frank and was the beneficiary of his pay it forward threads. The last purchase I made from him was supposed to be a couple of TMs. A large flat rate box arrived with the TMs I bought and so much more. Frank included some “extra reading material.” There were magazines that he had kept for decades. I was honored that he shared his treasures with me. I never expressed my concern, but I was worried about his health.

Although I never met Frank in-person, he had a positive influence on me through this posts on this website, our conversations and his generosity. For that I am very grateful.

Frank, Rest In Peace Sir.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As others have said, I also was a beneficiary of the extra goodies he added in "tools" packages. The multimeter I carry in my deuce sits in a faux leather case, and the flashlight in my basement work room are both items Frank had included in such packages with his hand written notes.

You don't have to know someone all that well or even personally to be positively affected by them and feel the great loss their absence brings. 'Till we meet again, sir.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavenly Father,
I and many here will miss our friend and fellow MV enthusiast Frank.
Though he has passed from this life, I can affirm that Frank knew Jesus as his Lord and Savior and Jesus' testimony, Frank has passed into his heavenly reward and now feasts at the table of the Lord.
It was my privilege to know him through these forums - particularly the Chaplain's Corner, through personal messaging, and through occasional MV parts transactions. I pray that when Frank arrived at Your throne of judgement he heard those most precious words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
We pray for those Frank left behind - family, friends, and so many of us here on the SteelSoldiers website. May Your Holy Spirit bring to each that peace that surpasses understanding even when grief is so strong.
I will miss my friend. Yet I know we will meet again on high.
In Jesus' name I pray.
AMEN!

If anyone has a link to Frank's obituary, please post it up. I would like to share some thoughts with his family through the online condolences those postings allow. Thank you.

John Bariou
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I went back thru my Google stalker that tracks my every movement and I was able to find the address I went to on August 13, 2019. After that just a quick Google search with the address and found Frank's last name.

Link to what I could find on Frank McWilliams

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I went back thru my Google stalker that tracks my every movement and I was able to find the address I went to on August 13, 2019. After that just a quick Google search with the address and found Frank's last name.

Thanks Wes!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thank you, Wes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks