• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frankfort recovery today

JCKnife

At long last got to bring her home today. Drove her home, about 40 miles (no big deal compared to a lot of folks, I know!)

Oil pressure stayed right at the middle of the gauge, air pressure stayed in the top 1/3. Actually the air is STILL full hours later...do I need to release it or anything?

As you already know it's big, loud, hard to steer and grin-inducing. I love it.

Checked the hubs with a non-contact thermometer when we got home and the hottest one was 102 degrees. Sounds like nothing to worry about.

And as far as I can tell, she's not leaking a drop of anything. My driveway is still as clean as it was before, underneath her.

Bows need some work, some surface rust. It'll be fun to work on.

Attachments

JCKnife

BTW thanks to Gunwritr from AR15.com (who I beleive is David Fortier?) for turning me on to this possibility, and pointing me to you all who made me want it even more.

If you read Shotgun News, Fortier had an article on torture testing AR-15 magazines and one of his tests was "dropping them out of the bed of my Deuce-and-a-half." Pretty funny!

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I could tell you to read the manual but the best thing would be to open the drain valves on the bottom of the air tanks.

Truck looks good and it I see you may be training some future drivers. :)

JCKnife

Oh I could tell you to read the manual but the best thing would be to open the drain valves on the bottom of the air tanks.

Truck looks good and it I see you may be training some future drivers. :)
Yeah I read that I should open the air tanks "daily" or "before use" but I was never sure about "after use!"

mckeeranger

Yeah I read that I should open the air tanks "daily" or "before use" but I was never sure about "after use!"
With the weather we've been having, after use is better. It can keep the drain valves from freezing.

Congrats on bringing the truck home. I'm not sure I like the way the dog is checking out the tires though.

sandcobra164

I'm happy for you as well. We had been sweating the EUC and then the hold issue at the same time and it looks like the wait finally paid off for you.

Congrats!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Congrats JCKnife on a good recovery and a good looking truck:-D
I was raised in KY...Hardinsburg. Now live in GA...where it's warmer:wink:

As far as the airtanks...I open the drain after use and leave it open. The next time I use the truck I let it run a few minutes with the air draining then close it. Hope your "low air buzzer" works...cause if ya forget to close it...it's kinda hard to stop...ask me how I know:roll:

G-Force

Congrats JCKnife on a good recovery and a good looking truck:-D
I was raised in KY...Hardinsburg. Now live in GA...where it's warmer:wink:

As far as the airtanks...I open the drain after use and leave it open. The next time I use the truck I let it run a few minutes with the air draining then close it. Hope your "low air buzzer" works...cause if ya forget to close it...it's kinda hard to stop...ask me how I know:roll:

So thats why your employees don't let you drive them anymore!!!! :razz::razz:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Let me know what you need for bows. I have a buddy that has a really nice set(bows and staves), aside from one cracked bow.