• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fred G's deuce

comdiver

Eastern Surplus has a deuce on their site that belongs to Fred G. Does anyone know him or how to get an email to him? He has done some neat things to the truck and I have a few questions.

comdiver

RE: Fred G

I emailed Dave, but he doesn't have a email address for Fred. I did find out his name is Fred Galagher. He has done some interesting things to his deuce. If you know him or how to find him please let me know.

MikeON

I'm also interested in hydraulic winch setups, so found this thread and I followed the link to the pictures of Fred G's truck on Eastern Surplus. After a quick look at the pictures, I realized this winch is in my garage right now!! :eek:

I first noticed the fairlead rollers to guide the cable. I then compared the pictures right down to the details of the winch and other components, even the welds on the torsion arm below the winch. It's the same winch. I had gotten the winch, pump, valves, hoses, mounts, etc. from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=220200585479&rd=1

As I didn't get the frame extensions to mount the winch, I asked the ebay seller where the rest of the truck was. He said it went to a scrap dealer. Hopefully it will be rescued by someone. The seller is an import car dealer and had gotten the deuce in a payment dispute.

I got a PTO on a previous ebay auction, and would prefer to mount the pump to it so I can disengage the pump as well as have two speeds. (My deuce already has Air-O-Matic steering). Also got a winch driveshaft from yet another auction just in case.

Regarding the lack of a shear pin, equal protection can be had with a hydraulic relief valve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks