• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fred Williams has another CUCV - Check out the cool video from Dirt Everyday segment

K9Vic

Some of you know Fred Williams or fcfred here ons SS, he had his M1008 stolen back in 2010. A few days ago on his Dirt Everyday show from Motor Trend on YouTube he posted a video about a M1008 he got. The video shows him trying to get it started and all the attempts to get it running. Pretty cool video for all of us CUCV fans. He also has some other cool videos, check out the 1965 M37 segment.

Check it out. :grd:

http://youtu.be/TSU2lvRWeYw

Operation Army Truck- Magazine Project Stolen
(Remember, this is a 3 year old post, just linked it for reference.)
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Project-Stolen&p=524114&viewfull=1#post524114

Last edited:

usmcpatriot

Hey, good luck! Don't think I would of changed the starter. It sounded good. You did't say how you fixed the compression problem on a permanent basis. Please tell!

GFB

Compression problem? That's interesting. I find it hard to believe it wouldn't start with that much ether and the starter didn't sound too bad.

usmcpatriot

Great video! You look good having fun. Truck looks great and the improvements are practicle.You just gave me another reason to spend, spend, spend! You said that, the Dana 60 had 30 spline in the front axles, did the 35 spline bolt right in?

Durango_USMC

Nice! I've been looking at lift kits too... I really like the set up they have, just not sure I'll afford it any time soon or if it will fit in the garage afterwards.

usmcpatriot

Does this guy K9vic ever answer his post replies? Just saying. Don't know about no 550hpbut most likely would have put in a 454 stock gas. JUST SAYING!

Does this guy K9vic ever answer his post replies? Just saying. Don't know about no 550hpbut most likely would have put in a 454 stock gas. JUST SAYING!
K9vic is not the guy in the video. He is just posting the videos. The guy who makes the videos, Fred, used to be a member on SS (Profile name: fcfred).

And the engine he puts in the CUCV is the supercharged 6.2L, Corvette-based engine, from the Cadillac CTS-V. It is factory rated at 556hp/551 ft lbs.

Last edited:

K9Vic

I clearly stated in my first post this was Fed Williams and his SS user ID: fcfred.
I do not talk about myself in the third person, this is not Seinfeld.

Skinny

He ruined it! No CUCV should ever be faced with an electronic throttle pedal or have to drink petrol...

All things aside that is a cool engine. They didn't mention it but I think they hooked it to the original TH400. What a waste, should have matched to a 4L80E or one of those "new fancy" 6 speed autos. That lethargic power robbing 3 speed doesn't do that engine any justice.

Before seeing the 6.2 gas engine, I though he was going to add some kind of roots style blower to the Detroit diesel. That would be pretty cool as a junkyard build, taking some scrapped Eaton blower off a GM car...

WillemV8

I took the time to look up the cost of a crate LSA engine. Definately not a budget build!
Agreed on the trans, IMO a manual would've nicely complimented that engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks