• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FREE DEUCE....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why could that not have been the West Palm Craigs list. Might even be an LDS427 truck.

bottleworks

Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

ida34 said:
You calling dibs bottleworks or were you just checking for someone else?
Well, on the off chance that it does exist, I was going to pick it up with my dad who lives in Gibraltar. But what do you think the chances of that working out? I bet someone picked it up 5 minutes after it was posted.

drthunder33

RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

Internet hoax. Were pretty sure it never existed. Most everybody who emailed got the same exact response about waiting for a V.F.W. group picking it up and if they didn't show you would get it.

Not sure why someone would do that, maybe bored.

mangus580

Re: RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

drthunder33 said:
Internet hoax. Were pretty sure it never existed. Most everybody who emailed got the same exact response about waiting for a V.F.W. group picking it up and if they didn't show you would get it.

Not sure why someone would do that, maybe bored.

How is that a hoax? Maybe the VFW group was the first response? Maybe he offered it to them before he posted, but was getting a back up?

dm22630

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

Offer the dude a hundred bucks.....its worth over $1000 as scrap (the evil word)..... ;)

MOST people that I have bought stuff via craigslist have ZERO loyalty/honor their words.....if they "promise" something to you and someone else gets there first.....they will not hold it. Get there before the VFW does.... 2cents

randyscycle

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

dm22630 said:
MOST people that I have bought stuff via craigslist have ZERO loyalty/honor their words.....if they "promise" something to you and someone else gets there first.....they will not hold it. Get there before the VFW does.... 2cents
Craigslist is bottom feeder central........I've had about a 50% success rate at buying, but selling is everything from 28 calls and no-shows, to outright fraud....Guess that's what you get for free though....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

Wow, I've had good luck on that list. Got my first deuce, sold alot, and now finding free oil there too. Its not all bad in my opinion.

randyscycle

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

gimpyrobb said:
Wow, I've had good luck on that list. Got my first deuce, sold alot, and now finding free oil there too. Its not all bad in my opinion.
I find it OK for some things.. I did hire some help a couple times, but still ahd to weed through the serious ones and the BS er's

I found the deuce I am looking at now there. I was about the 4th or 5th person to call but the only one to actually show to look at it.

derby

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: FREE DEUCE....

From what I was told, a guy from Az. drove up to get it.It had ben in a barn for 7 or8 years. all the tires were bad.It was a side dump,built for building roads in the mountians.mulitfuel engine.......this is what I was told.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Side dump, OK I'm not so sad now. Was thinkiing M342A2

So, Kenny, a military deuce modified to build mountain roads with a side dump instead of a back dump is not rare or unusual? How many mountain roads have been built with military deuces since the M35 series came out. Sounds more like a proverbial WWII truck in a barn!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks