• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free Fuel

derby

Hi all ,I have the opertunity to get about 300 gal. of old diesel fuel. When I say old I mean old 15-20 years old. What Do you think? I also got 4 gal. of old two cycle gas/oil mix. The only problem i ran into is one of the plastic jugs had blue two cycle in it.........so i thought. after dumping in the tank i read the side of the jug.......concentrated pond dye. It was gas and oil but some residue on the bottom of the jug mixed in. do you think this will be a problem? will it smoke blue :-o

airmech3839

it will burn...just have some extra filters ready for impurities that have collected... the pond dye I would recomend using a water filter to filter out that filter... then burn a mix of regular with it... Just my opinion... its your truck

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Before you use that old diesel...FILTER, FILTER, FILTER. It may have algee and water in it.

Mix it with new diesel and add a couple gallons of regular gasoline in it for pep.

If you have some clean used motor oil put some of that in for heat.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are alge killers available too. RUN IT MAN!! It will be dark but it will smell sooo nice!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that it has much to do about it, I once drove an M54A2C from Ft Myers FL to Naples FL after is sat for 10 years. Made it half way before it burst into flames. It ran fine for the 20 miles it lasted.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, that couldn't have been due to old diesel. Musta had some sort of leak.

derby

I did pick up some alge killer. From what I could see in the tank it looks like rootbeer. I am going to run it through the filter bag set up

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, that couldn't have been due to old diesel. Musta had some sort of leak.
Overheated it badly, melted the fuel return lines and then the firegods stepped in. Wasn't too bad, was able to get it out with extingushers. Still made money. Bought the truck from GSA for $537 and got a parts deuce from the same sale for $50. Sold the pair for $1700 and that was after the knocking rod (from the overheat) kicked a vent in the side of the block. Sorry for the hijack.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Armadillo,

Kero is just diesel with some of the oil removed to make it smoke less in lanterns and stoves.
Mix some UMO in it and go for it.
I ran some JP-8 (jet fuel) in my deuce after adding some waste veggie oil and it ran great.

derby

Well I have not tasted it or smelled it.......Yet. Looks like I might get about 1-200 more gal. from the same fella. I have to come up with a cheap storage idea. I have about 300 gal of storage need to get more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks