• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FREE N.O.S. HARNES....ONLY 94 LEFT

hot rod deuce

ok now that i have your attention :turn: !!
does anyone know what they do with the fuel pump on an m 35 when they do a 12 volt conversion? It seems to run on 12 volt just a little slow...might just work...any ideas

Sorry if i got you excited

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have free 12 Volt in tank fuel pumps with purchase of beachfront property in Kansas.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Recovry4x4 said:
I have free 12 Volt in tank fuel pumps with purchase of beachfront property in Kansas.
BWAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

You could use any old 12v pump if you know the output pressure of the old one. Just set your regulator after your 12v pump to match the 24v. My [2cents]

hot rod deuce

ah yes thats the first thing you think of right after "this guys a dumb arzz" but then one remembers you must keep the military "shoot holes in the battery and steel my alternator but i can still drive" 99% of fuel pumps wont flow through when off. You see the m 35 fuel pump is just like a water pump. Well the next simple thought is to add an inline check valve so the motor can suck around the pump if it has to...then i had another bright idea...the heater fan runs on 12 volt on low so why cant the pump just pump a little slower? the lift pump should do it on its own but a little help from a gremlin in the tank wouldnt hurt.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
hot rod deuce said:
ah yes thats the first thing you think of right after "this guys a dumb arzz"
[:)] [:)] That thought never crossed my mind, I swear [:)] [:)]

hot rod deuce said:
one remembers you must keep the military "shoot holes in the battery and steel my alternator but i can still drive" 99% of fuel pumps wont flow through when off.
The 12v diesel fuel pump I mounted on my frame rail of my CUCV flows thru just fine. The reason I know this is because when I switched my CUCV to Caddy 500 power I used the mechanical pump on the Caddy which had to pump gas thru the inline pump. When I yanked the Caddy and went back to diesel it still worked just fine believe it or not. I used a stock replacement fuel pump from a '90 model 6.2L diesel GM truck from NAPA. I don't know what the PSI is, but it may work out just fine for you.