• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free Stuart in the port and ready to ship!

Mongo

The bad: It is at the Mogadishu New Port.

I spotted it during Operation Restore Hope. I will have to look through my old pictures and see if I have some good ones of it (doubtful) but here are the Google Earth coordinates of it if anyone wants to hire some of the recently unemployed Somali Pirates to bring it to a more friendly port...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do we know it's free? Any idea who owns it? If its a lendlease and I'm sure it is, good luck getting it back into the US.

Mongo

I never climbed in it when I was over there but I remember it looking complete from the outside. The sand had long blasted off all the paint and it was all dull steel and surface rust... except for the seams. I remember that the armor plates were not welded but "brazed" as the shiny brass stood out in stark contrast to the steel.

Mongo

EVERYTHING in Somalia is free.... as long as you or the guy you hire is well armed.

I also remember flying over an abandoned Sherman just North of Baden Baden (I think... maybe it was Baden Wurtenburg) that was in the middle of a farmers field surrounded by shrubs and trees. I doubt I can find that via satellite but who knows?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks