• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FREE - used motor oil and diesel fuel

I have a friend with a small heavy truck repair shop. He has 2 totes (330 gallons each) full of used motor oil with some gear lube and transmission oil mixed in. He also has a 55 gallon drum of old diesel which likely has some water and possibly some small amount of oil in it.

This is located in Bunnell, FL. Close to Palm Coast. (About ½ way between Jacksonville and Daytona Beach) just a few minutes off I-95.

If anybody can use it in your multi fuel truck or some other oil burning equipment come get it. You will need to bring something to put it in and a pump to transfer it to your container. You can have the 55 gallon drum. If you bring totes he MAY have a forklift available so you can just trade out. Otherwise its the pump to transfer.

Note that totes are available fairly cheap. Here is a link to a guy selling them in Apopka, FL. for $50.00. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/622851595754095/?ref=facebook_story_share

If your interested post here or send me a direct message.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there a way to see how many people have looked at a post?

Is there a different place I should post this where more people will see it?

I figured that for free someone would want this oil and diesel but so far not even 1 comment of any kind.
Yes sir. Back up one level from looking at this post by clicking on the "Alternative Fuels" link. At about 1330 today 8/14, 65 folks have looked at your post. At least one of those was me. I clicked on it because I was being nosy. I also don't have a multi-fuel to run it in...

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty tough to pick up when your many states away free or not. craigslist or Facebook might be a more appropriate place if your in a hurry to get rid of it. Hope you find someone in Florida. I also do not have a multifuel

ToddJK

If I was a wee bit closer, I'd take it, but a thirty hour drive is a bit too long for me 🤣. That said, I always check Facebook marketplace for free oil and such and that's how I find it. Sometimes by word of mouth too. Give it a few days and see what happens. I know there are some fellas down there running a multi fuel who would take it. Could even be a fella who's not even a SS member.

If I was a wee bit closer, I'd take it, but a thirty hour drive is a bit too long for me 🤣. That said, I always check Facebook marketplace for free oil and such and that's how I find it. Sometimes by word of mouth too. Give it a few days and see what happens. I know there are some fellas down there running a multi fuel who would take it. Could even be a fella who's not even a SS member.
30 hours? That's all? LOL...

Wow!
Your thread view numbers are up to 127 this morning (8/15 @ 0830).
People are definitely looking.
Cool. Maybe someone knows someone that might have a cousin that knows someone who lives next door to a guy that has a wife who has a brother that knows someone that might be interested in it....LOL..!

Not being into using the stuff myself I'm not real familiar with the exact requirements of the "Raw material" that is preferred for the multifuel trucks.

Is the stuff he has available, "The right stuff" or because there is some gear oil and hydraulic fluid in it make it not as desirable?

ToddJK

Cool. Maybe someone knows someone that might have a cousin that knows someone who lives next door to a guy that has a wife who has a brother that knows someone that might be interested in it....LOL..!

Not being into using the stuff myself I'm not real familiar with the exact requirements of the "Raw material" that is preferred for the multifuel trucks.

Is the stuff he has available, "The right stuff" or because there is some gear oil and hydraulic fluid in it make it not as desirable?
Wmo is more than desirable especially when diesel prices are high. Only thing one needs to really do is filter the oil and they can run their multi-fuel on it, though it runs a bit better if mixed with diesel or gas.

Only waste fluid others desire more so would be transmission fluid. Transmission fluid is thinner and burns better, but not many have hundreds of gallons of that stored, not mixed with oil and stuff at least.

Wmo is more than desirable especially when diesel prices are high. Only thing one needs to really do is filter the oil and they can run their multi-fuel on it, though it runs a bit better if mixed with diesel or gas.

Only waste fluid others desire more so would be transmission fluid. Transmission fluid is thinner and burns better, but not many have hundreds of gallons of that stored, not mixed with oil and stuff at least.
When you say transmission fluid I am guessing you mean basic ATF as found in cars and pick-up trucks? (Which is basically hydraulic fluid) and not the transmission fluid used in big trucks which is frequently something like 50w synthetic oil?

pr0l1f1c

I'm one of the crazy ones that drives these long distances, I just drove from chicago to new orleans as I'm in the process of moving from nola to chicago and picking stuff up with the truck. After I finish going through the lube order I was going to DM you asking for contact specifics and start looking for containers!

ToddJK

I'm one of the crazy ones that drives these long distances, I just drove from chicago to new orleans as I'm in the process of moving from nola to chicago and picking stuff up with the truck. After I finish going through the lube order I was going to DM you asking for contact specifics and start looking for containers!
You aren't the only one, I drive mine a lot too, I put just under 9k miles on mine since I got it last June.

There are some places that sell used totes and 55g plastic drums not far from here.

And yes, it is all still available!

I can see movies g from New Orleans, but voluntarily moving to CHICAGO?!?! She must be REALLY good looking, and rich!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks