• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freeze Plugs?

motormayhem

Ok so the drivers side freeze plug on my truck is leaking. It is the one under the motor mount. How difficult is that one to replace and about how long does it take? I'm guessing I need to pull both motor mounts. Additionally where is a block heater supposed to go as my truck doesn't have one. Also any advice for tackling this job?

Thanks

1986Blazerk5

The block heater goes on the drivers side middle freeze plug i dont think it is the one leaking, this one is very easy to see from under the truck. I installed a block heater about 3 mounts ago and in Michigan it is well worth the time and money to put it in

As for the leaking one you might need to remove the motor mount.

wdbtchr

I don't have a CUCV but on my civy Blazer you only have to pull the bolt out of the motor mound and jack up the engine to get clearance to work. You will have to remove the upper part of the motor mount and personally I would plut the block heater in instead of the freeze plug. Your milage may vary2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks