• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Resto II M1008

ABN173

Nice Matt, you guys have me beat. I have been supporting my Mom for years and as a result I am always strapped for cash.
I have to wait until either tax return time or if I get deployed to get stuff.:-|

davidkroberts

well done sir well done.... very fond of restification myself. I figured that we all bi***ed about it when we were in the service why should we have to put up with it out of our own vehicles

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1008

Dale, the 37's are the way to go! Next M1008 I get I am going to install a fresh set of stock front leaf springs and see what happens with a set of 37's. I bet money that the 36's fit no problem and maybe the 37's.

Thanks for the comps on the truck, I did take it off road around my field and yard up and down some hills and it did not rub. Also, did not rub on the road. However, I suspect it will rub if pushed in some real 4x4 wheeling off road. But I buit this truck to be a looker and not a real off road mudder.

The seat is a custom cover made by my interior guy for $250.00...cheeper than buying one from LMC! [thumbzup] Check out the local upholstery guys they can do a better job cheeper most of the time.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovery4x4

Sorry... I didn't use anything...I had another set with the full run flats installed but they add about 36 lbs to each tire/wheel and I wanted to keep the weight down. Also, like I said I am not going to do serious off road duty and will keep them aired up to around 45 psi. They seem to ride much better than the 36's...although they don't look as cool :) 12 bolt H1's with 36's would be the best look combo but they would still ride like crap.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks

Thanks for the nice complements. I am now working on Fresh Resto III, i t will feature the 36's with the 8 bolt wheels and the magnesium run flats. These have been balanced buy the Army with the good lead weights so I am hoping that they ride better than the last set. The 37's on this truck ride great but I don't want to lift the truck and inorder to get the 37's to fit and you have to trim to much of the fender. This truck will also have a new interior and new camo paint job and bed liner.

David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks