• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Resto # III

48cj2a

I was there when our first M-10XX trucks came in to replace the Dodge M8XX series and I don't think they looked that good back then.

Great Job!

Is the die available in the brown color?

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Resto

Yes, this is my 3rd M1008 in the last year. I have been doing muscle car restorations for about 25 years on the side. I had one sell last year on BJ, but have gone away form the old cars for now. The Army trucks are more fun! It's just a long time hobby that I have fun with.:cookoo:

David

Midnight Rider

Yes, this is my 3rd M1008 in the last year. I have been doing muscle car restorations for about 25 years on the side. I had one sell last year on BJ, but have gone away form the old cars for now. The Army trucks are more fun! It's just a long time hobby that I have fun with.:cookoo:

David
Well I envy you. [thumbzup] I have both a classic Mustang and my 1009 that I would love to restore. But I have neither the time, tools, or talents to do so; not to mention the shortage of funds. :(

bkwudzhom

I think it looks terrible. You should be ashamed to drive it in public. I will be a good friend and drive it for you. Try again. Mabey you'll do better next time.rofl:driver:

To show how much I beleive in you I'll let you practice on mine next!!

All joking aside--it does look awesome. I couldnt own one like it though. It's waaaaay more fun taking it and using it for what it was intended. I use (not abuse) mine as a farm/work/hunting truck.

How long does it take you from start to finish??

Last edited:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!

No the enging is not rebuilt it's in very good shape, so no need.

It takes me about 3-4 months start to finish.

David :D