• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fresh rubber

REGULATOR

wow, what a PITA, kids and I put fresh rubber on the doors, under hood, and the shell. ordered it all from LMC, and they seemed to have sent extra pieces.

sent a few sections for older trucks as well as the years I needed.

the old rubber was so hard and brittle, had to scrape it off in most places.

should be leak free now though.

had the 17 and 13 yr old working on it.
just had the interior rhino lined. Tomorrow we will put the new windshield on and finish the interior. Plus I promised the 17 yr old Id put a Cb in it with a "big antenna" on it

Attachments

REGULATOR

it was $700, but that included having the rocker panel welded up as well as the two bad spots on the tailgate welded..

the rhino lining looks really nice. and should last longer then the rest of the truck.. they did the entire inside and both rocker panels/entry areas in rhino...

hoping that this truck makes it through 4 teenage children, as they are all waiting there turn to drive it to school

not like they can scratch it, dent it, or damage the exterior any more then they already have or it already is. it might not have any airbags but its fairly solid and has new seat belts now too! :)

there is a large dent in the roof and fender that happened since the 17 yr old has been driving it... I don't even want to know how that happened

gonna get a spray paint paint job...to darken up the faded camo

The G Man

Yeah I wouldn't want to know how it got dented either. Rhino lining is great used it alot in truck beds..a little pricey but worth it. Great job on having kids work on it. Great experience and now days most parents don't have or won't take time to should kids how to fix stuff. Good luck on paint job[thumbzup]

firecontrol86

Is that the $150 kit from LMC? I was thinking of ordering that one. Tired of the wet floor every time it rains! Are most of the strips held in with that glue kinda stuff?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the sliding windows in the rear. Where did you get them?

Nice job on the lining.

My 19yo daughter wrecked her VW Bug the other day by running over the median. She needed a vehicle to drive, so she had a choice of the M715, M818, International Fire Truck or the M1009.

It is really cramping her style to be driving the non-air conditioned M1009. But she isn't complaining too much as it is better than bumming a ride from her mom or friends. Her boyfriend likes it....:grin:

REGULATOR

Ive got two of the rear side windows for sale if anyone wants them:)

it was all orderd from LMC

could have probably just ordered the pieces, cause there were some that are not used, there is a rubber piece listed as being on the door and dont see anywhere to mount it.

Midnight Rider

I was thinking of getting mine Rhino'd once I get some rust spots taken care of as well. Do you have any up close pics of the lining and the cargo area.

I've got the seals from LMC to replace the ones on the leaking top. Sounds like it should work out fine when I get the time.

REGULATOR

I have some pics, I'll post more tonight,

also the windshield gasket seems to be too large WTF?

i struggled with it all morning... but its definitely larger then the glass

REGULATOR

i'll take more, but I really like the rhino liner

going ot have to go to a gklass shop tomorrow, cause the LMC windshield seal is huge

going ot call them tomorrow, the side glass seals and the windshield seals were too large

Attachments

84cucv1ton

was the rubber from lmc good quality?? i got some things from them a while ago. opened the box. looked put it back in and sent that crap back

Last edited:

REGULATOR

yeah I thought the LMC rubber looked good, was solid and consistent.. no flaws in it, but I havent really seen a lot of seals etc...

the windshield rubber fit just fine once It was installed correctly...

i was uh.. doing it wrong...

Attachments

Armada

I don't use LMC for their seals anymore. The last seal I got from them was the front seal for the topper. It was too short, alot too short. I use Classic Industries instead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks