• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresno, Ca. to Macon, Ga. Leaving June 5th ish

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Yeah she's going with, the whole trip goes like this: Fly from Ga. to Seattle Wa., take 10 year anniversary Alaskan cruise, fly from Seattle Wa. to Fresno Ca., load her families house stuff up into the trailer, drive from Fresno back to Ga. where they will live with us until they get on their feet here.

zout

Boy, the Alaskan Cruise sounds like its going to be a good time.

Had to re-read the date again becuase I thought we were going to be out nanner pudding for the cookout.
Yes - I was thinking selfishly.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daniel, I would really look into coming back I10 and I20. While it is a longer drive, the traffic and roads are WAY better. I 40 across Arkansas is a killer- Ferro's 915 did more up and down then forward. Getting from I40 to I 22 in Memphis is a pain, and I 22 has some killer steep hills in Alabama. Then getting to I20 from I22 is another pain- 15 miles of stop and go in downtown Birmingham.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Daniel, I would really look into coming back I10 and I20. While it is a longer drive, the traffic and roads are WAY better. I 40 across Arkansas is a killer- Ferro's 915 did more up and down then forward. Getting from I40 to I 22 in Memphis is a pain, and I 22 has some akiller steep hills in Alabama. Then getting to I20 from I22 is another pain- 15 miles of stop and go in downtown Birmingham.
Thank you, info like that is very much appreciated, I will adjust my route accordingly. If anybody out west has useful info like this please let me know.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is how I would go. Make sure you have plenty of fuel for the desert, and wave at Carnac in El Paso as you go by..........

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the route we took back to GA a few years ago, roads were good. Tucson was a good stop too..

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the I-20 to I-10 going to San Clemente from Columbia, SC in 2000. Nice ride. About 60 miles east of El Paso is Van Horn, TX, get a picture of the only billboard in town, and heed it's advice. It'll be a long time before you see another place to fill up!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Thats a better route. Watch goign thru Texas by the border. If you get out of the truck , when you get back do a quick look around. look under to make shure you didn't gain a hitch hiker! Be safe and have a good trip!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a better route. Watch goign thru Texas by the border. If you get out of the truck , when you get back do a quick look around. look under to make shure you didn't gain a hitch hiker! Be safe and have a good trip!
Best thing to do is just not stop. If you do stop, don't leave the vehicle unattended.......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I travel I like to take a friend or several. Another Steel Soldier of sorts. Be aware of each states laws regarding having these friends on board. I try to avoid friend unfriendly states but there is at least one there you can't avoid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks